𝟬𝟯. snake in the grass

Start from the beginning

     "Monty, let it go," Bellamy warned.

     "Monty?"

     "Mom?"

     Turned out it was Farm Station who found them instead. Monty's mother was one of the people who had them captured, and that prevented a whole lot of killing that would've come from Elliot if the situation escalated. Still, despite the sky people's reunion, Elliot had a bad feeling most of them harbored more than hatred toward Grounders. 

     She could practically see it on their faces as they reluctantly cut off her and Indra's binds despite their esteemed leader━Pike's clear order to let them go. With Kane and Bellamy's reassurance, that is. The man obviously wasn't too happy about their presence either. They didn't like them. It went both ways. Elliot did not want to be around them any longer than she had to.

     "The rest are camped in the mountains north of here." She heard Pike tell Kane. Then he said loudly: "Grounder killers one and all. Am I right?"

     "Ooh rah!" His people roared in agreement and a certain spite.

     The only two Grounders shared looks with Kane, Monty, and Bellamy. Uncertainty was clear on their faces. These people, they adapted, and they seemed to really hate Grounders. Elliot made sure to remember the faces of the people around them. They were going to be a problem in the near future, she could already tell.

     "Hate to cut this short," Bellamy cut in. "We got to find Clarke." 

     "Clarke Griffin?"

     "Yeah."

     "If only all of my Earth skills students were as good as her."

     Elliot's eye narrowed, noticing how cozy Bellamy and Pike seemed as they talked and smiled at each other. She sheathed her blade, trying to ignore the gnawing feeling in the back of her throat as everybody gathered to move the tree blocking the path. She moved back to the rover, thick strands of silver covering half of her face. Her hands however above her weapons as if she expected someone to attack her any moment.

     From the looks they were giving her, she wouldn't be surprised.

     "SIxty-three?" Kane asked in disbelief, standing by the front of the rover as he faced Pike. "Farm Station left orbit with three times that number."

     "We landed with that number, too." Pike nodded at him. His accusing eyes flickered toward the Grounders, especially on Elliot who stared back at him with no certain emotion. She slightly tilted her head, making Pike double back at the sight of her scar.

     "The Ice Nation can be ruthless," Indra said hardly, recognizing the look on his face. "Take pride in the number you saved."

     As Kane began to introduce them to each other, Elliot walked off around the rover before he could start with her. She was not in the mood to acquaint herself with more enemies and more people who could turn their backs on them. They were just more baggage on her lists of people whom she might be forced to eliminate.

     "Kane," Bellamy called. The tree had now been pushed aside to free their path. "It's time to go.

     "Monty, give them the coordinates to Arkadia," Kane stated. "We have a settlement fifty miles south of here. Your people will be safe there."

     Pike smirked at him. "You're my people."

    "Good, because we have reports that put Clarke north of here," He told him. "We could certainly use your expertise."