𝟬𝟲. all in the gutter

CHAPTER SIX
a mind full of fire and a fistful of steel

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

    𝐖ar. One of the things she hated the most but had to be a part of every single time it happened. Ever since she was a child, Elliot had been surrounded by warriors, fighters from hell who would do anything for their people━who would die for the sake of their clan. That was all she saw until she grew up and became one herself, although somehow quite different than the others.

     A disgrace to some people, but some found her inspirational for some reason. They thought that the hideous scar on her face was a cause of a great battle that she had won. But they were wrong. Terribly wrong. It was because of her own stupidity that almost got her killed, and now she was scarred for life.

     All she had to blame was herself. For her mother's death. Her brother's death. And for all the loved ones she lost because of the battle inside her head.

     She was born to be a fighter. A warrior with supposed no feelings. A weapon of some sort. She was born to kill. Instead, she grew into this woman she could barely recognize but would do anything to protect the people she cared about. No doubt, she would kill anyone if she had to, even if her hands were stained with red.

     That was the worst thing she's capable of and she knows it. But it still doesn't stop her. It couldn't be stopped anymore. It had become this uncontrollable she tries so hard to regain control of.

     The young warrior snapped out of her thoughts when the sound of war drums echoed throughout the forest. It sounded faint enough that it relieved her for a second. She couldn't help but think about the people in the dropship. They should be ready or they would die, and it sure as hell wasn't going to be pretty.

     It was a few days after that thing from outer space once again found itself on Earth. A sight for sore eyes, really. The ship had crashed behind the mountains and blew up from the impact. Elliot had no idea if there were any survivors, but she only hoped it didn't hit any Grounder villages around.

     Other than that, Elliot was well aware that the sky people had been hit by a viral fever. It was a long excruciating night for them as they tried to figure out whether they were going to live or die. For some reason, Elliot knew the stronger bunch of them would come through despite the fact there was no quick cure for it.

     Her thoughts shifted when a loud explosion came from somewhere near the bridge. Or maybe exactly on the bridge. She wasn't sure. It did leave a huge cloud of dark smoke above the sky though. Elliot raised her brows in acknowledgment. Some of their inventions were quite amazing, she had to admit.

     The bomb was effective. But it just wasn't enough to stop the Grounders from marching on.

     Elliot thought about the things that happened ever since the sky people had arrived. They still had no idea just how many more dangers actually lurk in the darkest corners of the Earth. This was just the start. A wave of danger was about to come crashing at them and they were not prepared for it.

     Another day passed and Elliot thought the Grounders had found a way to get to the other side of the bridge by now. They weren't doing a very good job at reaching their enemies. Flicking the camouflage hood off her head, she raised a cloth over her mouth, tying it tightly around her face. She decided to come down the tree as soon as the night appeared.

     It seemed to be her most effective hiding spot from other people. It weirded her out how anyone could not spot her from there. Maybe she was just unnoticeable. Or they were scared of her that even though they'd seen her already, they'd rather turn a blind eye. Either one works though.