𝟭𝟰. failure is not fatal

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
even if it's not what you need

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐄lliot was the only one who didn't have a flashlight but she remained in front of them. Besides, what can the dark do? Apparently, a lot of bad things. She studied their surroundings. It looked untouched, considering it had been a hundred years since the Earth was destroyed. No wonder.

    Everything was covered in dust, and it looked to be an underground garage. Abandoned cars were everywhere, their once owners left dead above the garage because of the nuclear bombs that wiped out the whole of humanity. It was a little creepy to think about, that people had once lived and used those before.

     Bellamy suddenly directed his flashlight at her, which made her flinch and cover her face with her trembling hands. She glared at him and snapped in Trigedasleng: "What?"

     He looked unapologetic but he slightly averted the light somewhere else, but it left enough brightness for him to see her. Only her. He wasn't so stupid to not notice how she was acting like something hurt. 

     "You okay?" Bellamy asked, his voice echoing through the empty building. 

    Octavia looked at her and noticed her shivering figure even when Elliot tried to hide it. She sighed and marched towards the Grounder. "No, she's not."

     The Grounder-in-training suddenly removed the bow and arrow from her back and dropped them on the dusty floor. Elliot tried to make her back off but failed miserably. She was in no shape.

     She kept herself from hissing in pain when Octavia lifted the back of her shirt, feeling her skin burn at the contact with the material. Octavia gaped at the blisters that spread all over her lower back, and just like that, Bellamy was by his sister's side. His forehead creased at the sight of her wound.

     "The fog reached you," Octavia breathed.

      The Grounder gritted her teeth and slightly shoved the siblings off her, accidentally lowering down her shirt in an abrupt way, which hurt her in the process. She hustled to grab her bow and arrows and wore them over her body again despite the pain. It was bearable. That's why she wasn't complaining just yet.

     "It's nothing," Elliot muttered. "Let's just go."

     "Alright," Bellamy said reluctantly, not pushing her over since he knew how she gets when someone pushes her buttons. He wasn't the least convinced that she was fine but he let it go for now. 

     They ventured further inside the abandoned garage, not realizing they got themselves inside the lion's den.

     "Where are we?" One of the Ark's guards, Scott, asked.

     "Looks like a garage," Bellamy answered.

     A noise echoed throughout the empty garage, making Octavia and Elliot unsheath their swords within seconds out of instinct. The two girls shared an alarmed look with each other. This place was no different than what was above them.

     "More like a tomb," Octavia scoffed, getting an eerie feeling from the abandoned place.

     Bellamy turned to the guards. "Look, I'm sorry about your man, but we need to find an access door to Mount Weather."

     At the mention of that mountain, Elliot snapped her attention towards the youngest Blake who looked unbothered and looked at her with a confused expression on her youthful face. I suppose the Earth still hasn't taken what innocence left in her.