𝟬𝟮. once is enough

CHAPTER TWO
hold my breath and let it bury me

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐄lliot walked among the trees with ease and quiet. A dark red hood was placed over her head and a darker-colored cloth covered the lower half of her face. Only exposing her eyes. If we could call it that. A huge scar sat over her face. It went sideways starting from her right eye to the left corner of her mouth. Her right eye remained closed when the wound healed because of how deep and wide it was.

     Scars were meant to show how Grounders are strong and undefeatable, but that was a big understatement. Some of them cannot handle huge amounts of pain, but they don't show it well enough for others to think that they are weak. Because once they did, they would be dead before they could even blink.

     She clutched her trusty makeshift bow in her right hand while the other held the trigger which released the arrow. But her arms were down. She was so used to having weapons in her hands that she didn't have to be alert anymore. Everything else was just instincts and a thousand hours of practice.

     Elliot was born to be a warrior, and a warrior must always be ready no matter what. It's either be killed or kill them first. That's how it always goes. Or at least that's what they'd taught her from the start.

     The earth rumbled beneath her feet, almost like something underneath the grime was moving. But Elliot knew what it was even before a faint sound of a familiar horn echoed throughout the forest. Not faint enough that no one could hear it since it was initially designed to warn them about the acid fog. 

     The rumbling, the insects, animals running away━it was sign. A sign that a deathly fog was about to cover the entire nature she was standing on.

    Her feet started to move faster on their own as soon as she saw the sight of a murky green fog coming towards her at a dangerously fast rate. She almost couldn't keep up. But it was only because she couldn't run properly due to the deep slash wound on her thigh from yesterday's fight with a couple of Grounders from her own clan. By couple, she meant almost a dozen angry Grounders she accidentally came across on the run.

     She couldn't blame them for being furious with her for all the things she had done.

     But then Elliot heard a familiar voice from somewhere around the forest. It was distinct. Easy to figure out. Her brows furrowed in confusion, but she continued to run for the sake of her life. She took a swift turn in the woods, and it almost caused her to crash into someone if she didn't compose herself quickly.

     She cursed in her mind at the sight of a familiar person who stood in front of her. He must've been running from the fog, too. He stared at her. His brown eyes filled with different emotions, gripping a weapon in his hand like he was debating whether to do something about her or continue to run from the fog.

     But it was like he suddenly couldn't think straight.

     "Bellamy!" A tiny voice cried out from beside him.

    The adults both turned their attention to the owner of the voice, completely forgetting about the fact that they were supposedly enemies. The little girl he was with tugged on his arm, a scared expression on her small innocent face, and Elliot got an idea.

     Probably the worst but not the first one.

     Bellamy looked back at her and Elliot sent him a subtle nod, her frizzy white hair covering the wounded part of her face so they couldn't see it. Then she started to run again, feeling the daft wind blow against her face. The leader and the kid followed after the strange female Grounder without any other words. 

Bittersweet ━━ Bellamy BlakeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara