𝟬𝟰. all the devils are here

CHAPTER FOUR
don't try to push your luck

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐁ellamy along with a few other guys went back to the cave where they found Octavia even through the storm. He was adamant to prove something. For everyone's sake or that was just what he thought. The rain fell continuously on the forest ground, soaking everything on its will, making their trek muddy and wet. Thunder rumbled across the dark sky, like some kind of deadly beat.

    Bellamy shone his flashlight on the male Grounder on the ground and beckoned for the others to come near. They hesitated for a second, out of fear that he might spring up and stab them, too. But once their leader sent them a glare, the men quickly obliged.

     Jasper pursed his lips and rushed towards the other unconscious Grounder. But before he could even get near or even touch her, Bellamy called out his name with a gruff tone.

     "Go help them with the other Grounder," Bellamy ordered.

     Jasper briefly looked at him, confusion etched on his face, but he reluctantly did what he ordered him to do. Then Bellamy approached the unconscious woman and crouched down beside her. His hand reached over her face, although it wavered above there for a few seconds as if he was afraid his hand would burn if he touched her face.

    He suddenly withdrew his hand when one of his men approached him. Miller looked uneasy. "We should go."

     "I'll get that," One of the male delinquents scoffed as he marched towards them. But before he could reach her, Bellamy abruptly stood up and faced the boy with his larger frame. 

     "I got her," Bellamy said firmly, a stoic expression on his grime-covered face. The boy immediately backed down, knowing he couldn't really fight with him. And even if he wanted to, Bellamy would probably beat his face to a pulp.

     "Alright!" Jasper said with a little tint of humor but none of them were in the mood to smile. "Let's go before the storm gets worse."

    All of sudden, the Grounder sprung up on her feet. All flashlights turned to her, most of them looking really terrified out of their minds at the sight of this angel-devil thing in front of them. Her eye twitched, feeling the fresh blood on her face coming from her head, covering her tanned skin with a gruesome dark red.

    Everybody froze. The silence was deafening but the thunderous storm covered for it. Her eye fell on her assailant. Jasper looked like he was about to piss his pants off from her long hard stare. As soon as her eye flickered towards him, they turned to the only man in the cave who returned her gaze with the same kind of hardness in them.

    Almost like they'd seen half of the world's cruelty but they continue to be good people toward others. At least better than the worst of the worst. Although nowadays, it can be hard to differentiate the monsters from the people roaming the Earth.

    As soon as the first guy charged, Elliot hastily grabbed a wooden staff lying on the ground, smacking him in the head, which made him fall to the ground, groaning loudly. A few others charged at her, but they barely touched her from how nimble she was on her feet, hitting them on places they didn't even know were there.

    When the threat lessened, Elliot turned to Lincoln's unconscious body. Her brows furrowed, noticing that he was in a very bad predicament. And the guys she fought off purposely without hurting them too seriously were already on their feet and zoning on her like she was the last prey on Earth.