𝟬𝟱. hate cannot drive out hate

CHAPTER FIVE
everyday been alright up until now

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐅or what seemed like the hundredth time, Elliot came across Octavia's brother again. She was on her way back to a familiar place so she could get ready to break Lincoln out of their camp when she stumbled upon a strange scene. Bellamy was in the middle of the dark woods, seemingly out of his mind, like he was in a trance, and letting a person beat the hell out of him. It didn't really make any sense. Bellamy would never let anyone touch him.

     For a minute, she just stood there, watching the boy beat him to a pulp. There was no emotion in her eyes. For all she knew he'd done the same to Lincoln inside that dropship. Then there was that slight twinge in her chest again that she just couldn't ignore.

     With a quiet curse, Elliot came out behind a tree and charged at the person when he started shooting at someone. Apparently, Clarke Griffin, the blond girl, was also there. She launched at him which took him by surprise. His head on the hard ground as she landed next to him. Elliot immediately tried to strangle him.

     Bellamy snapped out of his state when the Grounder was kicked. Quickly, he punched Dax in the face, throwing random ones here and there and fighting back the best he could.

     Elliot rolled over the dirt, groaning from the pain that shot up from her torso to her chest. She tried to stand up, only to fail as her legs betrayed her. God, she hated being like this. Clarke caught sight of her and began to panic for some reason. She didn't do anything though so Elliot just ignored the girl. Then the blond tried to charge at Dax, only to get hit by the end of his rifle right in the head.

     But then Bellamy found the chance to stab the guy. Dax started choking on his own blood until he could no longer breathe. Then he fell dead on the ground. Just like that, a life was taken by the hands of Bellamy.

     Elliot didn't waste any time scrambling up to her feet so she could get away from them. There was no way she was going to stay around them after Bellamy captured her brother. Besides, there wasn't enough time to do all of the things she needed to do.

     The night had already encased the Earth with darkness. As soon as she arrived at her home, the silence greeted her like a long-lost friend when she stepped inside the small hut that she once shared with her mother. She was dead. Just like the rest of them. Elliot limped towards the corner of the room, grabbing an empty rucksack on the floor before shuffling towards where she kept all of the vials and medicine.

     She quickly began to work, not even bothering to light the torch in the room. She needed to get clean and get the hell out and back to the dropship to help Octavia with Lincoln. That was the plan. At least her plan.

    As she cleaned her wounds, all of a sudden, there was shuffling outside the hut. Elliot hastily jumped off the table and grabbed the nearest weapon she could find which was a random sword. Cautiously, she crept towards the curtain that serves as a door. There was a faint silhouette of a person. Slowly, she put her hand on the curtain and pushed it away, revealing someone she didn't quite expect.

     "Leave." Elliot walked off with a scowl. Trigedasleng had never sounded so harsh on her tongue until now. But the woman who was outside the door simply stepped inside her hut.

     "What happened to you?" She asked when she noticed her wounds, stepping closer to inspect them. Elliot's back touched the side of the table as she pulled back from getting any closer to her.

     "You shouldn't be here." Elliot turned her head to the side, avoiding to look at her in the eyes.

     Her breath caught when she pushed her away by force. The latter subtly rolled her eyes, strands of dirty blond hair falling down on her face as she threw her head back with a scoff. She stepped away as Elliot limped towards her small bed made out of dried animal skin and other random scavenged stuff.