𝟮𝟬. gilded tombs do worms enfold

CHAPTER TWENTY
this just might be one hell of a night

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐀s soon as Lincoln and Bellamy left the camp, Elliot tried to follow them, armed from head to toe with her blades and bow and arrow. The raw slice wounds all over her body still stung every time she moved but she didn't let it bother her. She had to find a way out of this hell hole to watch over Lincoln.

    He had not agreed to her going with them. Explicitly why she was trying to sneak out of the camp. But Elliot was stubborn. She was following them no matter what. Maybe he and her weren't too different after all. They still knew how to care. The ground just shaped them into monsters they didn't want to be.

     She was stopped by a young guard who looked too cocky for his own good. He clutched a rifle in his arms, smirking from ear to ear. He had messy blond hair and eyes too soft that didn't compare to the darkness in the Grounder's own. The blank expression on her face remained as she waited for him to say something.

     "I don't think you're allowed to leave, Scarface," He said, tone filled with smugness as he eyed her from head to toe.

    Elliot wanted to slap the smirk off his face but refrained from doing any further damage. She didn't miss the name he called her. That's new. She decided not to say anything because she always knew that silence was better than words. Elliot calmly turned around and was about to walk away when a rough hand latched on her shoulder.

     Out of pure instinct, she grabbed the hand and used her strength to flip him over the ground, earning a bunch of unwanted attention. The young guard groaned in pain while clutching his arm from being twisted. She heard a couple of guns clicking and angry murmurs from the sky people while the Grounders could only watch in amusement.

     They know better than to cross the lone warrior. There was a reason why she was a traitor. In Azgeda, she was known as the manslayer who used the blood of her victims to wash away the dirt on her skin. And most Grounders found out about it in a hard way when they'd crossed paths with her.

     "Don't touch me again." Elliot glared, letting go of the boy as she stepped away. 

     He was not worth being on top of her countless problems. The guards were ordered not to shoot them anyway. Their first mistake was thinking they wouldn't fight back whenever they did something. The permanent blank look on her face seemed to make them move away and ignore her.

     Thankfully, nobody had noticed her slip out of the fences, especially Octavia. The girl had been too busy watching Indra and her group of warriors. Elliot knew the younger Blake wasn't too happy about her brother and Lincoln leaving, but she wasn't going to drag her along with her little plan.

     She always worked better alone anyway.

     The two men hadn't gotten far when she found them in the middle of the woods both dressed in Grounder clothing. Bellamy blended well with their rugged clothes. At least he looked the part. Elliot thought as she crept behind trees, holding an arrow-loaded bow in one hand and the other on the string to release it.

     Then she saw the deer that they had been aiming to kill. Instantly, her muscles relaxed and the arrow came flying at the animal's head. Both men shifted in alarm as the deer fell dead with blood seeping out of its big eyes. They quickly turned to find the culprit behind them with her bow now lowered to her side.

     "Elliot." Lincoln didn't look happy. He lowered his guard down, letting out a small sigh. There was no way he could tell her off because she would just do what she wanted either way. "You're not supposed to be here."