(66) I'd Rather Be Me, With You (66)

Start from the beginning

"I'd rather be me... with you"

She looked beautiful, no matter if she did-

"Wherever we go
I already trust
I'd know what to do if it were us"

LI'd know what to say
I'd know how to be
I'd know your entire syllabus"

I smiled, knowing, if she were awake, she wouldn't know what that word would mean.

"I can't think of any other thing in the world I would rather do"

I sat on the coffee table, watching her beauty..

"If I could be.."

"I'd rather be me..."

"with you"

I miss her so much, I can't wait till she wakes up.. i kissed her forehead and smiled.

I went back upstairs to see pearl on the balcony. "Pearl?" She seemed surprised by my presence. "S-Steven!" I chuckled. "I only left to get Chaaaaps" I stepped onto the balcony with her, she was leaning on the fence, looking out onto the beach.

It was only around lunch, some people were on the beach, not many though. "What you watching?" Pearl sighed with a smile, I looked closer, Bismuth? Peridot? Lapis?

"Ah~" I teased. "Steven!" I laughed, she was 8 thousand years older than me. "You can go hang out with them, both of us if you'd like? We need to get out" Pearl looked at me, I knew she wanted to. "Steven we can't, it's not fair on Garnet or (Y/N)-" I started to pull her "come on!!!"

She was silent, contemplating. "We really shouldn't-" "PEARL!" We heard a distant shout, Bismuth had seen us at the balcony. Pearl blushes her normal light blue and I smiled, waving back.

"COME HANG FOR A WHILE!" Pearl still hadn't moved so I shouted for her. "WE'LL BE DOWN!" I smiled at Pearl, she was still blushing. "Come on, let's go hang"

"Steven! We can't hang!? Why would you say that!? What happened to when you cared about people!?" Pearl started panicking, I didn't realise why until-
"OH MY GOSH PEARL NO!" Pearl was already crying, oh my god. "We're not hanging anyone, don't worry, we're going to hang out with them" I tried reassuring her.

Pearl breathed out, "L-Let's go"

———

Pearl was laughing with Bismuth, gotta ship it! Peridot and Lapis were laughing and chatting too. Pumpkin in Peridots hands.

I was sitting on the beach, watching the waves. They were smoothing. We've been out here for a few hours now, hopefully Garnet and (Y/n) come back soon...

I glimpsed over to the house, it was getting dark soon. Biz had ordered some Pizza, baring in mind I'm a vegetarian.

It was going to arrive soon hopefully.

I glimpsed over to the beach house.. I missed them so much..

I couldn't really see the balcony properly, Bismuth must have really great eyesight to even recognise anyone. I, I think I saw someone? Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me?

"Foods Here!" I heard Peridot shout, pulling me from my thoughts. "Hey Steven" I turned to see Jenny handing the pizza to Peridot. "Hey Jenny" I smiled, hopefully she was doing better than before.

Jenny waved bye and we all ate- well except Lapis and Pearl. Peridot ate 2 pieces, Bismuth ate 3, and I ate 3, a cheese pizza.

We all sighed as we watched the sun set, it reminded me of when me and (y/n) laid on the beach together... singing She Looks Perfect Tonight was just incredible..

"I love the Sunset" Lapis smiled, it wasn't usual to see her smiling at something of the earths. Unless it's her Meep Morps or something she made.

"So.. Pearl.. can I talk to you.." Bismuth started. Pearl blushes "oh- y-yes, of course, what about?" She tried to seem normal, neither of them fooled anyone. "In private?" Bismuth was blushing too.

"Oooooo" the rest of us said in union. The other too got up and went behind some rocks. Wow we are far from the beach house...

"So how are you two doing?" I asked Lapis and Peridot. "We're good, we've been making more meep Morps!!!" Peridot seemed exited and I laughed. "Lapis?" She seemed plastered to the sea and sun. "H-huh? Oh" The Stars in her eyes told me she loved this so much.

"We're okay I guess" Lapis really isn't much of a talker still.

After a while we all headed back home, saying our goodbyes.

"Told you we needed that" Pearl seemed so much happier now, I'm glad we got out. "Yeah" she laughed.