(66) I'd Rather Be Me, With You (66)

Stevens POV

I hope she's okay..

(Y/n)'s been asleep for a week now, I wonder when she'll wake up? What if she doesn't?!

Don't get me started on Garnet, she's still not back either. I wonder if she's gonna be out for weeks? What are we gonna do without Garnet?!

All the Void and Ammonite businesses is making me go mad too. I'm not sure what (y/n) was talking about before, but I know Voids that man. Who was he to (y/n)? What happened between him and Ammonite?

I laid back on my bed in a huff. "Why is all this happening!" I put my arms in the air, who knows why? I just know people do it when annoyed. Also saw it in a show once.

I don't leave my room unless needed, Pearl keeps tidying anything and everything she sees, and Amethyst is out a lot now. Not sure what she's doing, maybe hanging with Vidalia (Onions Mom.

I heard someone at the doorway, I really need doors.

"Steven?" I was just laid out on my bed, I'm so tired. All the time. "Mhm?" It was Pearl, she came through the door and over to my bed. "Are you doing okay?"

"Pearl" I sighed and sat up, "yes Steven?" She sat down on the end of my bed. "Pearl.. did I do the right thing?" I looked down. "What do you mean?" "I mean.." I sighed. Why was I having doubts on this?!

"I mean saving her..." Pearl came over to me, I wasn't looking at her, but she knew I was about to cry. "Steven, What makes you think otherwise?" I sighed, "I mean... maybe if she had died, she wouldn't be in the pain she is now? Maybe s-she's be okay?" This time I had tears slipping down my cheeks.

Pearl put her hand on mine. "You did a wonderful thing, saving (Y/n). Life is a beautiful thing, if she died, she wouldn't have met you, she wouldn't know she had these powers, she would be believing whatever was told to her back then" I laughed a bit, "you sound like how mom would have" Pearl laughed a bit too. "I miss her" "we all do" I gave her a hug. "Thanks Pearl"

I got up to leave as Pearl stayed sat on the bed. I was hungry and I needed to see if (Y/n) was at all near consciousness. She needs to eat.

I was humming down the stairs, not per say happily, or loud, but a soft tune.
I looked down to the couch, "Still asleep.." (y/n) laid there, gently sleeping. She was still wearing that outfit from before, it still seemed alive, like the flowers on her head.

I'm worried, I hope she's okay, I can't.. I can't help her at the moment. Not anyone...

I walked over to the kitchen, glancing at Ruby and Sapphires Gems. I sighed. Everyone's a mess right now... and I'm missing (y/n) even more.

We don't know when Void is going to attack, we don't know when Garnet will reform or (Y/n) will wake up.

I sighed, grabbing the Chaaaaps.

I looked over to (Y/n) and gently sang..

"I'd rather be tall
I'd rather be smart
I'd rather be sure you know I care"

I started to walk over to her, I couldn't lose her

"Wherever you go
Whatever you start
I'd rather be sure you know I'm there"

I stroked some hair from hey face.

"I'd rather I always be a part of whatever you do.."

we still didn't remove the blindfold so I couldn't look at her beautiful (E/C) eyes...