Chapter 9

Yuki’s pov.

          I get up and see Pakkun on the bed by me. I hear Kakashi walking to the bedroom door. Kakashi opens the door and smiles when he sees me. “How are you feeling?” he ask. I get out of the bed. “Better. I’m tired though.” I say. I really wasn’t up to training and would rather stay in bed. “Where are you meeting with your teacher? I can tell her your sick and you can stay here and sleep all day.” He says. I shake my head. “I can’t. Besides dad you shouldn’t try talking me into playing sick.” I scold him. “Fine when you’re done meet me at training ground 9 and we can work some on your genjutsu today.” He says. “Ok dad. You’re going to be late don’t worry about me.” I say. He nods. “I’ll leave you money to buy lunch on the kitchen table grab it when you go.” He says as he walks out the bedroom door. I change quickly and grab the money before running to where I was to meet Rose-sensei. I was running a little late and I would blame my dad.

          “You’re late.” Rose-sensei says when I get there. “Sorry I overslept.” I say. I was punished and training was harder then yesterday. My punishment was not being able to have lunch, not like I had one to eat anyway. When it was done I was tired/ hungry and headed to where I was supposed to meet Kakashi. He was sitting under a tree. “How was your day?” he asks. I hang my head. “No lunch because I was late. I had to watch the other two eat.” I say as I sit by him.  “Come on off we go. We have a meeting with the Hokage.” He says. I follow him to the Hokage’s office. I was told to stay outside his office.

Hokage’s pov.

          Kakashi came to talk to me about Yuki’s nightmares. He didn’t know what they were all about but this wasn’t the first time she had woken up screaming. The poor girl must have had a hard time the last few weeks. When Kakashi comes back he tells Yuki to wait in the hall. “Lord Hokage.” He says. I hadn’t found anything that could help her other then take her in to the hospital and have them take  a look at her but all they would do was give her some kind of drugs. At times like this I wish Tsunade hadn’t run away. “I don’t have anything to help her. I think time is the only thing that will heal this.” I say. He nods his head then opens the door for Yuki to come in. “Lord Hokage I wanted to thank you for what you have done. I thought you might like this.” Yuki says as she puts a bag of something on my desk. I smile kindly at her before opening it. The bag had chocolate, which smelled good. My grandson would love this. “Thank you for the sweets. Now Yuki I heard you were having nightmares. Do you want to tell me what they are about?” I ask. She looks at the ground.

          “I …. I saw how they killed the girl before me. It was 5 days before I turned 10 when the mark showed up. I keep seeing how they killed her in my dreams but it isn’t her it’s me up there about to be killed. I always wake up when my brother drives the sword throw me.” She says. The look of fear on her face was heartbreaking. “Do you know where your brothers are?” I ask. She looks at the ground. “Last time mom heard from them they were coming back to the village.” She says in a shaky voice. I nod and know just who to send to find out about her brothers. “I’ll send Jiraiya out to get some information about where they are and if they are still looking for you.” I say. Kakashi looks surprised and at the same time relived.  I watch them go and send someone to go find Jiraiya so I could find out more about the village that wants to kill a young girl.

Yuki’s pov.

          I had to tell Kakashi that my village would stop looking for me in 2 years. My brothers would come to get me soon and that scared me more than anything else in the world. I reached out to Kakashi because the fear of my brothers was becoming too much. “Yuki are you ok?” Kakashi asks. “No. I want to go home.” I say.  Kakashi rushed me home and once inside I ran up to my room. I could hear him following me. “Yuki.” He says. I was shaking on the bed and he came over to me. “I don’t feel too good.” I mumble before fainting.