Chapter 30

Yuki’s pov.

          I had a great time with Kiba even if his friends tried to get him to go hang out with them. I was glad that he chose me over them but then I felt bad because it’s not like he belonged to me or anything. I walk up to Kakashi’s room only to see his bed empty and I panic a little. Where was my dad? Did he wake up when I wasn’t here and did he go looking for me? I run from his room and down to the kitchen to see if he left a note. There wasn’t one and I run around the house to see if there was any clue as to where he could have gone. there was nothing at all and I sit on the floor of my room letting tears start to run down my face. He was gone and none of his friends had thought of telling me.

          I had just about fallen asleep when there was the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs. I jump up a little and get ready to attack whoever had just broken into my home. My bedroom door opens and standing there was Asuma. I relax a little and he walks over to where I had fallen back down. He sits next to me before pulling me closer to himself. “We had to take him to the hospital. I went looking for you but couldn’t find you anywhere. The others are still looking and I thought that you might have come home so came to check.” Asuma says. tears were falling down my face again which makes Asuma give me a little hug. I pull away from him not wanting to be crying in his arms and if I was going to cry there were few people who how I would let hold me. I stand and run from him and my house to the one person who I could truest and that was Kiba.

          I was about half way there when I realized that it was stupid to have him wrapped up in my problems so I change where I was going and head to where Kakashi and I had camped out. I would stay there for the night if I had to. I find a nice tall tree to sleep in and climb up there before looking up at the sky. ‘Yuki everything will be fine. I’m not going to let anyone hurt you as you sleep.’ Yuriko says in a kind voice. I was glad that she was here for me when I needed her most. ‘I know but it doesn’t change the fact that the one person I trust with my life is hurt and there is nothing I can do to help him.’ I say to her. There was a long peaceful silence as I watch the sky change colors and I loved the way the sky went from yellow to red to orange to purple to blue than finally black. ‘Maybe there is something we can do to help him. We could go find someone who can help Kakashi and even Lee and Sasuke. Isn’t Naruto looking for one of the Sannin right? He is with another one and you have me to protect you so we can find them and help them out.’ Yuriko says. I sigh and shake my head a little.

          ‘I don’t know Yuriko. I trust you but I don’t think I can leave the village just for that. I need to be here for Kakashi if he wakes up before Naruto does find this Sannin.’ I say and she sighs a little. It was odd to talk to her like this and I feel a little pull before seeing Yuriko’s beautiful world.  She was sitting under the cherry tree and I walk over to her. She smiles at me and pats the ground next to me. I sit by her and she turns to look at me before putting her hands up and holding them out to me. “Yuki I understand how you feel and I want you to be happy and safe. When you’re like this I can take over you. Silly girl you’re lucky that I’m one of the few good ones that isn’t going to do anything like that without the consent of our host. Now than come over here and I will help you fall asleep. You haven’t been sleeping well lately.” Yuriko says before she runs her finger throw my hair. It felt good and I didn’t want to fight with her so I let her do as she wanted. I closed my eyes and could smell sweet flowers which were all my favorites. I fall asleep quickly thinking of home and my mother.

Asuma’s pov.

          Yuki had run away crying and I chased after her. I had no clue as to where she was going but she stopped half way to where ever it was before running off faster than I could follow. There was only one person I can think of that would help me find her so I could take her back to her house and in her bed. Kakashi would be mad if we didn’t take care of her and she got hurt or worst taken from the village. I walk quickly to Kiba’s house because he had a dog that could track her easily and once there I was a little nervous about asking him for help. I knock on the door and could hear barking but that stops quickly because the door opens. “Asuma-sensei is something wrong with Shikamaru or Choji?” Kiba asks as he rubs his eyes. He looked like he had just been woken up and I felt bad about that. “Nothing is wrong with them. I came here because I need your help finding someone.” I say as I step back a little. Kiba looks more alert now. “Someone like who?” he ask in a slow measured tone.