The tale of Yuki Hatake

I ran as fast as I could throw the forest hoping that those two goons weren’t following me still. I could hear the sound of their footsteps several yards behind me. I felt something sink into the back of my leg and pull out the kunai as I kept running. I quickly summoned a flock of small birds and sent them after the people chasing me. That should distract them for a while. I ran out onto a road and saw a group of four walking on the road but I ignored them as I kept running down the road and saw a river. I sat by it and took up a hand full of water. I hadn’t noticed the group of four behind me running until a man with silver/ white hair pulled me up. I noticed that he had three kids with him but I had to keep going so I slashed out with the kunai and he dropped me. I started to run again despite the pain in my leg and could hear the four of them running after me. I noticed the small tracking symbol on the kunai and threw it into the river hoping that the men who had been chasing me earlier would follow it and not me.

The group of four was gaining on me so I ran back into the forest as deep as I dared because I saw a tall wall of a village. I could only here one person behind me now and when I turned to look behind me it was the silver haired man. I was in too much pain to keep running and if he was a ninja then he could help me. I stopped running and let him catch me. “Kid are you lost?” he asked. I gave a small nod and let him lead me to the village where the three kids were waiting for him. “Kakashi-sensei who is that?” a pink haired girl asks. Kakashi hum? I wonder if it’s the same one I’m looking for. “Go home team. I’m going to take her to Lord Hokage to see what should be done with her.” Kakashi says. They all walk away and I follow Kakashi throw the gate and to the building the Hokage was in.  Kakashi knocks on the door and we hear a “come in.” form the other side of the door.

I walk slowly into the room behind Kakashi who was talking with the Hokage who just now noticed me. “Kakashi who is this girl? Why is she bleeding?” the Hokage asked. He was an old man with a funny hat. “I don’t know my team and I were on the road home when she ran out in front of us like she was running from someone. When I tried to see if she was alright when she stopped at the river she attacked me with a kunai and started to run from us. I finally caught her and she let me bring her here to you. I wasn’t sure what to do with her.” Kakashi says as he rubs the back of his head.  I was dizzy but I wasn’t sure if it was from the blood loss, or the lack of food or sleep. How long had it been since I ran away from home? “Young lady what is your name?” the Hokage asked me.  “Yuki.” I say. I wasn’t sure if I should give them my last name or not because of what had happened in my country. “Yuki, do you have a last name?” Kakashi asked me. I could use my middle name; dad said his cousin lived in the hidden leaf and if I ever got into trouble use his last name which was my middle name. “Hatake” I say slowly. The Hokage and Kakashi look at each other in surprise.

“Nice joke but what is your real last name?” Kakashi asks me. I look up at him. “My name is Yuki Hatake. I can prove it.” I say as I pull a picture of my father and me out of my ninja pouch that they had just now noticed. “See look on the back.” I say as I hand the picture to them. My dad’s name was on the back and so was mine but my last name on that was my middle name. “Kakashi is that?” the Hokage asked and Kakashi nods answering before the question is finished. “She will stay with you since she is your family. First take her to the hospital to get her leg looked at then come back here so we can talk more about where she came from.” The Hokage says. Kakashi had my picture and hands it to me as he nods before pulling me behind him to a hospital.

Kakashi’s pov.

This girl was his. My father had told me that his sister had a son about the same time I was born. He was only a few months younger then I was. This girl maybe family. Maybe but how can I be sure. Once she was cleaned up then she might look more like the girl from the picture I got so long ago from my cousin had sent me a long time ago in case she ever needed my help.  She was limping more now and looked like she was about to pass out. I picked her up just because I couldn’t stand seeing her in that much pain. Once we got to the hospital I sat in the room watching as they patched her up. She hardly said a word or for that matter talked. They had her go wash her face in the bathroom and she pulled twigs and such out of her hair. Now that her hair was free of twigs and such she did look a little more like me.