Chapter 16- counting down

Rea's POV
Months. I've been here for months. I'm closer with my brothers and mate. I have to sneak out at night and do my job as Protector. I've had weird things going on. Feeling like I'm being watched by multiple people and things. Cravings for blood. Wanting to swim more. And I want to be high in the sky. Scaring people. Haunting the halls of the pack house. And helping people out. I can't described the feelings. To be honest it freaks me out.

"Rea?" Adam's voice snapped me from my thoughts "yeah" I smiled slightly "you ok? Zander been looking all over for you?" he told me with smile of his own. Dusting off the dirt of my pants I jogged into the house and was attacked on my right leg. Zander clung to my leg like a kola bear "umm Zander what are you doing?" I asked still walking "hid me!" he squealed as Caleb bolted into the room them left with mischief in his eyes." From your dad?" I asked plopping onto the couch and pulling him into my lap he nodded frantically. "Let's have fun" I smiled widely.

He clapped his hands and I snapped my fingers teleporting us to a beautiful meadow on the pack lands. Zander squealed and ran around and rolled on the ground I laughed at him the whole time. After some odd hours Caleb's wolf finally broke through the tress with a sigh of relief. He shifted and pulled on basketball shorts taking Zander in his arms "you worried me" he held his son my eyes softened. "See ya a later" Caleb chuckled and walked off with his son and I was left alone. Positioning myself so I was on my back I looked up at the now star filled sky.

My eye lids suddenly became very heavy and I was fighting to keep myself awake. But I have into the darkness.

Matt's POV
I sniffed out Realene's scent. Cotton candy yum! It lead my to a star filled meadow and she was asleep under the stars. Chuckling to myself I went over and scooped her into my arms and in her sleep she snuggled into my chest with her nose in my neck breathing my scent. Sparks and tingles erupt from the contact and it felt good. Like a puddle of happiness!

'Whipped!' Adam called in my mind and I didn't even bother to answer him. She weighted about as much as a feather so it didn't take me long to get back to the pack house. Chase and Logan were watching Tv when I walked through the door they both rushed over to and took her in their arms. "Chase get a blanket she's freezing!" Logan demanded and I seconds Rea was in a blanket cocoon and she sneezed like a kitten "aww" Chase cooed and Logan looked weirdly at him. "Come on it was cute!" Chase exclaimed taking her from Logan and laying her on the couch looking at her intently. "Something is wrong here" Logan announced plopping next to her "true that" Chase confirmed sitting on the floor.

"It's quiet!" I snapped my fingers figuring it out 'no crap genius' Rea said in my mind I laughed out loud and got weird stares. "Shut up you sound like a donkey dying" Rea mumbled and glared at me sitting up and stretching "oooooohhhhhhh" Logan said. She got up falling on the floor from the blanket wrapped around her legs tight. She flopped like a fish all over the floor while we laughed at her until she stopped moving.

Rea's POV
Laying still is not easy. "Rea" Logan poked me and I tried not to giggle "come on" Chase poked me. "REA!" Matt said frantically his mouth hovering over mine. I snapped my eyes opened and bit his nose rolling to the right and running up the stairs. I heard yelling downstairs and shouting until I closed my door which I sound proofed. It was like magic. No sound. No light. It's peaceful. And happy. Using wolf vision I walked over to my bed and sat on the edge.

I felt a burning sensation on my hip when it was gone. Frantically I flipped the lips on and checked my hip. There in bold letter was 200. I froze "it's counting down" I whispered frantically.