Ch. 7 - Clashing Heads

Start from the beginning

A few hours later, he woke up. He checked the door once more but it was still locked. He cursed quietly. He needed the bathroom.

So he called Namjoon again. And again. And again, until finally he picked up.

"Yoongi, I'm not supposed to be using my cell phone. Please, I'm trying not to get fired on my first day. Your wife is already mad at me--"

"Joon, it's an emergency. I need you to go find (Y/N) and get a key."

"What?"

"A key, Joon. Find it and bring it to me, I'm upstairs."

You'd just finished cleaning out your inbox and going through all the paperwork from your absence when your phone started ringing.

"Customer Support, this is (Y/N), how can I help you today?"

"Hey, stranger. How was the honeymoon?" a familiar voice exclaimed on the other end.

You chuckled. "Hey, Hobi. How are you?"

"Sad. You're so busy you can't even call me? And I bet that receptionist didn't give you my messages either."

"To be fair, our receptionist has been reassigned to another department so I didn't get them until about an hour ago from the new guy." You picked up a stack of notes from one corner of your desk. 

"Let's see...'Dance instructor called looking for you'......'Jung Dance Studio looking for shipment information, refused to speak to anyone else for assistance'.....'Please call back this client as soon as you can' with the please underlined three times. Sounds like you were really insistent that time."

"I don't actually need shipment information," he confessed. "I was trying to figure out a time to drop off your photos and videos but I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone and no one knew when you were getting back. Yoongi wouldn't answer my calls either, the jerk."

Hoseok ran a well-known dance studio that you used to frequent before you started working long hours trying to take over the family company. You made it up to him by shipping his new equipment, costumes, and other supplies he needed for the studio at a discounted price.

And although he didn't look it, he also ran in Yoongi's rich friend circle. His parents were huge supporters of the arts so his family always got invited to the galas and fundraisers the Mins put on for anything involving that. As such, he'd also been asked to provide his services for the wedding. Imagine his surprise when he realized he was going to be teaching you the first dance instead of some stranger.

"So now that I have your undivided attention, when's a good time?" he prompted.

"Anytime will work."

"Last time you said that you couldn't see me for three hours because of a dozen emergencies."

"Point taken. How about we meet for lunch on Friday?"

"Fine, but you're taking me to that nice cafe across the street as payment for ignoring me. And tell Yoongi I'll be expecting the same treatment."

"Will do." You glanced up to see Namjoon hovering awkwardly in your door. "I'll see you on Friday. No bothering our receptionist until then, okay?"

Hoseok agreed with a laugh and you hung up, turning your attention to the man in front of you.

"Yes, what is it?"

"Um...I got a call from Yoo-- I mean, Mr. Min? He asked me to get a key from you. Said it was urgent."

"Perfect timing."

The company was pretty straight-forward as far as design. There were five floors and a warehouse outside. Each floor had departmental bathrooms, a conference room for department meetings, and a storage closet along with their other equipment so no one had to go far for what they needed.

The first floor was a large open lobby with a reception desk, and some small seating areas for clients waiting for meetings. The elevators required an ID to work to ensure that only employees or someone with an employee could move freely around the workplace. Small pick-ups were left with reception, but all drop-offs were taken to the second floor to make sure they were received. The employee (usually the receptionist) who let the delivery person up to that floor signed for all the packages that were left there.

The second floor housed the package center, where all the incoming and outgoing packages are stored to be processed. It was managed by a floor team that moved between the office and the warehouse for supplies. They stood at small stations to pack up the shipments, tape them, print the shipping labels, and then sort them based on urgency. Several copy machines, printers, and moving dollies were on that floor as well to make the process smoother. At the end of each shift, employees would bring small packages down to reception. Big orders were taken out to the parking lot to be loaded on a truck through the service elevator.

Third floor was customer support, human resources, and IT. The head of these departments had their own closed office with a small reception desk out front. There were a small number of other staff members in these departments working in their own cubicles. Phones rang off the hook on this floor and there were always forms being printed and signed off on throughout the day.

Fourth floor was sales and marketing. Compared to its downstairs neighbor, this department ran a lot quieter. Mostly because sales and marketing involved the staff being out in the field meeting people, or working on projections and possible ways to keep meeting demands from clients.

And the fifth floor housed the director's office as well as numerous meeting rooms for clients, department meetings, and even company meetings. There were six in total, with the two smallest closest to the elevator, then the two medium-sized ones, and then the two largest. Each conference room had a table through the middle of the room, multiple chairs, a projection screen and small cable cart to set up equipment on, along with a small podium for someone to present. 

At the end of the fifth floor, past the conference rooms and in full view of all of them, was the director's office.

You made your way there, pulling the correct key as you walked. You couldn't hear anything on the other side of the office door, but that didn't mean anything.

"Had enough?" you asked as you opened the door.

Yoongi threw himself through the door, glaring at you with the utmost malice. "Where's Namjoon?"

"I sent him to lunch. Figured he wouldn't want to get involved with this."

"Then that's where I'm going."

"Have fun," you called after him. You smirked as he stopped at the bathroom first.

Jin had to pull over to the side of the road to keep himself from drifting into the next lane over.

"It's not funny," Yoongi hissed.

"You're right. It's hilarious!" he cackled, nearly trying to hold back tears. "I told you to get along or something bad would happen."

"Jin, stop laughing. I might be next for helping him out," Namjoon grumbled. Yoongi had stopped him on his way to the parking lot and suggested they get lunch together. If he'd known that Jin would be having such a great time at his expense, he might have declined the offer. 

"By the way, she gave me a message for you."

Yoongi sighed, squinting at his friend's messy scrawl on the sticky note. "Hoseok wants to do lunch this week. He better not have heard about this too."

"Oh, let me tell him, please?" Jin pleaded. "I want to see the look on his face."

"Just drive, Jin. That's what I'm paying you for."

"Yeah, but the (L/N)'s are paying for you to get time-outs!" he replied with another high-pitched laugh as he merged back onto the road.

His two passengers sighed heavily. This was going to be a long day.