Chapter Twenty

I slowly opened my eyes and was blessed with the most beautiful view in the world. Austin was sitting on the chair next to me, holding our child in his arms. I immediately felt tears start to form on my eyes and fall silently.
"Well good morning" Austin said and looked over at me.
"What time is it?" I asked.
"It's 11" he said.
"But you slept all day yesterday" he finished. He stood up and hovered over me. I looked up at him, I still had tears falling down my cheeks but I didn't really have any control over them. It was a silent cry, like that type of cry where water just spills from your eyes but no sounds, no wheezing, you don't feel like you're crying but you are. Austin brought the child down to my arms and this was the second time I got to hold him. The first time was directly after him being born, but I was so sleep deprived, I couldn't even remember it. I cried even more seeing my baby for the first time. He was perfect.
"What's his name?" I asked. Austin laughed.
"I told the doctors to hold off on the birth certificate until you woke up" he said. I smiled and looked down at him.
"Avon" I said quietly, then looked up at Austin. He smiled.
"Avon?" He said, to confirm. I nodded.
"I love it" he smiled and kissed my forehead.
We spent a few hours with each other, then family started to arrive. Scooter was first. He held Avon and he was just as in love as Austin and I were. Our parents and siblings all showed up and we all just adored Avon for hours on end. Unfortunately I was stuck here tonight but I could go home tomorrow, which I was very excited for.
Avon had bright blue eyes, just like Austin's, and I loved them. He had lots of hair. He was 7 pounds, 6 ounces. He was perfect.
After a few hours, everyone finally left and it was just Austin and I again.
The doctor came in and took a seat.
"So have we decided on a name for the birth certificate?" He said with a smile. Austin and I looked at each other and smiled.
"Avon Richard Post"