Chapter Sixteen

"Avery, it's getting to the point where you need to tell Austin, you're starting to gain weight and you don't want to piss the opportunity for a cute reveal moment" scooter said.
"I know" I groaned.
"I just can't imagine it being a cute moment with Austin, I only imagine a huge fight from it" I said. Scooter shrugged.
"Well, that's the man you chose" scooter said.
"Okay, I get it scooter" I groaned. He let out a deep breath and stood up.
"Do you need any help with getting the party ready tonight?" He asked.
"I think me and Austin got it" I said with a smile. He left and I looked at the time. It was only 8 am.
I sat there and brainstormed how I would tell Austin. Then it hit me. I quickly ran upstairs and quietly snuck into my own room, being careful not to wake Austin. I opened the drawer in my side table, opened the folder from the doctors and grabbed the 5 pictures that were taken of my baby. I made my way downstairs, got into my car and drove to the place where Austin always goes for his liquor and beer.
I walked in, and the man greeted me. We knew each other very well, since Austin was here very often.
"Hey James" I smiled and leaned on the counter.
"How have you been Avery? I haven't seen you in awhile" he asked.
"Oh you know, I've been busy" I chuckled. I grabbed two of the large cases of bud light and set them on the counter.
"Is this it?" He asked. I nodded.
"Except, I need to request for a later pick up time" I said. He looked at me confused. I pulled the pictures out of my pocket and set them on the counter.
"Oh my gosh" he said excitedly and looked down at them.
"So I need these, to be in one of the boxes, and I need you to make sure Austin takes these boxes" I said. He opened on of the boxes, placed them neatly on top then closed the box again.
"No problem" he said with a smile. I paid for the boxes, thanked him and left. I made my way back home and Austin was now sitting at the kitchen table eating a bowl of cereal.
"Where were you" he said, he still had his raspy sleepy voice. I smiled and walked over to him. I took a seat on his lap and he immediately brought his attention to me and away from his cereal.
"I was just, out, thinking" I said with a smile.
"Oh yeah? About what?" He asked with a smile. His hair was all messed, and his body was warm. I smiled and kissed him.
"Just about how much I love and appreciate you" I said with a cheeky smile. He chuckled.
"You're sweet" he said and kissed me.
"I love and appreciate you too" he said with a smile. He kissed me once again.
"You're in a good mood today" he chuckled.
"I am" I said
"Any particular reason why?" He asked.
I shook my head.
"I'm just excited" I said
"For what?" He asked confused. He knew about the party and all but he also knew I didn't much care for the parties.
"Oh, uh- for the party tonight" I said
"You're excited for the party?" He chuckled. I nodded. He shrugged his shoulders.
"You've always been full of surprises" he chuckled.
"Do you have any plans?" I asked
"Just the usual pre party plans, go get my beer, then come home and start pregaming" he chuckled. I smiled.
"Sounds fun" I said. I got off of his lap and let him finish his breakfast. I made my way upstairs and started getting ready.
****
"Babe, I'm back" I heard Austin call. I heard him drop his cases of beer on the counter. I quickly made my way downstairs.
"James did the weirdest thing" he said.
"What's that?" I asked and took a seat on the counter in front of him.
"He gave me both of these for free" he chuckled.
"Oh how odd" I said, even though I obviously knew exactly why.
"Maybe something is wrong with it?" He said. He flipped the boxes around and looked at the expiration date.
"It's not expired, so who knows" he said.
"Maybe you should open it" I said nervously. He opened the first box of beer and took one out and started drinking it.
"Are they all in there?" I asked. He looked more closely.
"Yeah" he said and nodded his head.
"Open the other one" I said. He looked at me confused.
"Why would I do that? This one is already open" he said. I shrugged.
"Just check it?" I said nervously.
"It's heavy, I can tell nothing is missing" he chuckled.
"Just open it" I said once again.
"I'm not going to open it" he said and opened the fridge. He grabbed both boxes and started putting them in.
I ran around the corner, grabbed the unopened box and set it on the counter. He put the other one in the fridge then looked at me like I was crazy.
"Open it" I said and pointed at the box. He let out a deep breath and cut the tape open with a knife.
"You're crazy you know that?" He chuckled. I bit my lip and looked up at him. I was nervous. I was very nervous. My heart felt like it was beating out of my chest. He finished opening the box and his eyes were focused on what was inside of the case. His eyebrows furrowed as he concentrated. He grabbed the stack of photos and examined them closely. He looked at the pictures then back at me. He set the pictures down on the counter.
"Is that you?" He asked. His face read no emotion, it was very blank and serious. I looked down at the pictures and pointed to my name in the upper left corner, which also had the date and time the photos were taken. He rested his elbows on the counter and held his head between his hands. I tried to see his face so I could see his face and reaction. I looked down but his hands were covering his face.
"Austin, are you okay?" I asked. He removed his hands from his face and stood up straight. His eyes were red and watery.
"Tell me this isn't a joke" he said with a smile. I bit my lip and shook my head.
"It's not" I said confidently. He pulled me into him and kissed my forehead. I could hear him crying, but I couldn't tell if it was tears of anger or joy. He pulled away and placed a hand on my stomach.
"What are you thinking?" I asked nervously. He smiled and wiped his eyes.
"I can't think of a happier time in my life than right now" he said with the biggest smile. I smiled and kissed him. He picked me up and set me on the counter. He looked down at my stomach and placed his hand back on it. A smile slowly plastered across his face. He held it there for a moment and took a step back and jumped up.
"I'm so excited" he said, jumping around excitedly. I smiled.
"We have to think of names" he said. I smiled.
"And we have to go shopping" he said every more excited.
"Austin, I'm only 12 weeks" I chuckled.
"I know, I'm just excited" he said calming down.
"I'd rather you be excited then mad" I said.
"Why would I ever be mad?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders.
"Listen to me, and I mean this, this is the best news I've ever gotten, and this will be the best experience of my entire life"