Chapter Fourteen

"Avery, you can't keep putting yourself in this position" scooter said sternly. I didn't say anything, because I knew he was right.
"I mean, you and Austin are so public, and if you continue to be around him, he's really going to pull your reputation down, he's becoming a less desirable person by the day" he explained. I knew he was right, I knew Austin was a different person, but I just wanted him, the old him.
"He's in a new scandal every week" scooter said.
"I know" I mumbled quietly. He was silent for a moment, then took a dee breathe. He stood up and started walking towards the door. He turned to me before leaving.
"I hate to do this Avery, but you need to either find a way to get him under control, or leave him. And if one of those doesn't happen, I'm going to have no choice but to drop you as a client" he said. He walked out of the house and I rested my head in my hands. It was 2 o'clock and Austin was still upstairs asleep. I knew he was right, I knew something needed to change, and I know he's going to ruin my career all while ruining his own.
I walked upstairs to see Austin who I thought was sleeping. No, he was sitting on the bed playing video games.
"How long have you been up?" I asked
"Like, 2 and a half hours" he said, not even looking at me. Just staring at the tv.
"Well, we need to talk" I said.
"Yeah we can, just not right now" he said, still not even looking at me. His eyes were glued to the screen.
"No, Austin, like we need to talk right now" I said once again.
"No, Avery, like I said, I'm busy right now, we can talk later" he said, mocking me, but not giving me any attention. I stepped in front of the tv, he quickly adjusted himself to see around me. I stood there for a moment and stared at him in despair. I turned around, grabbed his console off of the shelf and ripped it out of the wall. I threw it on the floor, it was definitely a loud bang and it was definitely broken.
"I said we need to talk, now" I said sternly again, and crossing my arms. He threw his controller on the floor next to the playstation and sat back, and crossed his arms.
"What" he spat.
"Shit has to change" I told him.
"You're the one that wanted to give me a second chance so" he started
"So, I wanted Austin back, not whoever you are" I yelled.
"Austin is a changed man babygirl" he said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes.
"I'm not kidding Austin" I said.
"Avery, I'm not either, take me as I am or don't at all" he shrugged. I let out a deep breath.
"Then you need to leave" I said quietly. He got out of bed and walked over to me.
"You know you don't mean that" I said, pulling my waist into him and pushing me against the side of the bed so there was no space between our bodies.
"If things can't change then I do mean it" I said. He placed a hand on my chest and pushed me down to the bed so I was lying on my back. He climbed on top of me and started kissing on my neck.
"Things will change" he said, and continued to kiss on me. He was lying through his teeth. I rolled my eyes and pushed him to the side and sat up straight.
"All you want from me is sex" I said. He bit his lip and looked he up and down.
"How could I not, look at you" he said with a smile.
I scoffed.
"You're horrible" I spat and got off the bed. He grabbed my hand and pulled me back to him.
"Sex isn't all I want from you Avery, it's just a bonus" he said.
"Then what do you want" I said, and crossed my arms. His smile faded.
"I want you, the support you give, the love you give, I want everything that you offer" he said.
"And you get all of that from me, so why can't you give me what I want" I mumbled. He rolled his eyes.
"Tell me what you want" he said.
"I want you to behave, I want your loyalty, I want you to care, and I want you to be respectful" I told him.
"I'm tired of acting like a mother to you" I finished.
"Well, I promise, you will get all of that from me, nothing less" he said and stuck his pinky out. I stuck mine out. They intertwined, our thumbs connected and we kissed the top of our hands.
***
***
***
Austin and I were sitting in his living room. It feels weird to be back in Salt Lake City at his house, especially since I hadn't been here in months. We were just sitting on the couch watching movies. I've been here all weekend.
Austin's doorbell rang and I immediately looked at him. He knows how annoyed I get when he invites people over during our time.
"I didn't invite anyone" he said. I furrowed my eyes brows, pulled the blanket off of me and got up to answer the door. When I opened it, I was surprised to see Jake Paul standing there with another man holding a camera. I stared at him confused and he stared back at me. I looked over at the camera then I looked down at myself. I was only wearing one of Austin's shirts and my ponytail which was a complete mess. I literally looked like I was in the middle of having sex and had to answer the door. Which wasn't the case, entirely, Austin and I had just finished 15 minutes ago.
"What the fuck" I mumbled and quickly walked back into the living room. I left the door open and Jake stood there.
"Who is it?" Austin said. He got up and walked to the door, he seemed just as surprised as I was. Austin was without a shirt.
I listened to the conversation from the other room.
"Well, you bought our merch so, I thought I'd personally deliver it, but we were confused because you talked shit on the song, but then bought the merch" Jake said. Austin nervously laughed.
"Do you want to come in?" He asked.
"Sure, is it okay if we film?" Jake asked.
"Uh, sure, let me just, put some clothes on" Austin said and came over to where I was. He grabbed his shirt and met Jake and his friend back over at the door. They came in and made their way to the kitchen. I couldn't believe this was actually happening right now. I got off the couch and went into the kitchen, only because I wanted to know what was going on. They're we're talking about the comments Austin made about jakes music. Austin stuck to what he said earlier, where as Jake was just talking about how big of a fan he is and didn't back up anything he had been saying online prior.
When I walked in, they pointed the camera at me.
"Don't put me on that" I mumbled and grabbed a drink from the fridge. I walked over next to Austin, but he pulled me in front of him, wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my head.
"So what were y'all up to?" Jake asked.
"We were busy" I spat and raised an eyebrow. Austin pinched my side.
"Be nice" he mumbled. I rolled my eyes.
I decided I was just going to keep my mouth shut cause I had absolutely nothing nice to say. I didn't like Jake, I didn't like his videos, and I sure as hell don't like him just showing up like this. They talked about random shit, all in all, jakes trip here was pretty pointless, and there was no reason for it because all he did was waste our time.
He ended up staying for a few hours before finally leaving.
Once they were out the door and the door was closed, I looked at Austin and crossed my arms.
"Don't look at me like that" he chuckled. I raised and eyebrow.
"I didn't invite them" he said, still laughing. I tried to fight the smile trying to play my lips.
"Mmmhm" I hummed sarcastically. He walked up to me, quickly swooped me up and threw my over his shoulder. I couldn't help but to laugh as he ran into the living room and swung me around.
He lied me down on the coach and hovered over me. He kissed my lips gently then pulled away.
"So what would I be? Round 5?" He asked. I chuckled and nodded. He smiled.
"Let's do it then"