The Battle of the Bands | 19

The feeling of nausea in my stomach increased heavily and I quickly jumped out of bed, not caring that I was butt-ass-naked. My feet carried me into the bathroom, which, thankfully, was connected to the bedroom Carter and I were in.

I found myself crouching in front of the toilet, the contents of my stomach spewing into the bowl.

After a minute or two of dry-heaving, I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the wall, hastily wiping at my mouth. I felt like a whore, going from sleeping with my ex to puking my guts up in some random person's toilet while naked.

I slowly pulled myself off the floor and grabbed a towel to cover myself up with, hurrying back into the room and snatching my clothes off the floor, ignoring Carter's stare.

"So are we just not gonna talk about last night?" he asked, and I finally pulled my gaze off the ground to meet his.

"No," I replied, my lip curling in distaste. How had I slept with that? Maybe I would just blame it on my drunken state, it sounded better.

"Oh c'mon, don't act like you didn't enjoy it," he smirked. It wasn't the attractive kind of smirk like Maxwell's, though, it was the kind of smirk that made me wanna knock his lights out.

"I didn't enjoy it," I lied, glaring at him. I paused for a moment, my thoughts trailing back to Maxwell. Why had I immediately thought of him?

"The scratches on my back beg to differ," he replied easily, his smirk growing. I snapped my head back to Carter, narrowing my eyes.

It took everything in me to not bitch slap him for the third time, but I did my best not to lose my composure and I slowly pulled my clothes on, not really caring that Carter was in the room.

It's not like he hadn't already seen me without them on.

He eyed me up and down for a moment but said nothing, so I took it as our little conversation was over. I grabbed my phone and keys, which had somehow ended up on the floor, and quickly pulled my shoes on, hurrying out of the house and down the street.

I finally made it to Kenzie's house and swung the door open, knowing that her mom would be at work right now, anyways. I hurried up to Kenz's room and barged inside, thankful that she was the only one in there.

She was sitting at her desk with earbuds in, seeming to not notice my presence. I marched over there and snatched an earbud out of her ear, causing her to jerk her head to glare at me.

"Oh, it's just you," she sighed in relief.

I paused and shook my head, "I don't even wanna know who you thought I was," I said with a sigh, "but that's not important. We have a big problem."

"What is it? Oh, did you finally hook up with Max? Yes, Seth owes me ten bucks!"

"What?" I asked in confusion, "Fuck no, that is so not what happened. Something much, much worse."

"Oh, well what is it?" she asked, shutting her laptop and spinning around in her chair to face me.

I let out a sigh. It was now or never.

"I hooked up with Carter Jacobs," I finally breathed out, facepalming myself.

"Oh. Oh. Oh." Her eyes widened and she raised her eyebrows.

"Well, I can say that I was not expecting that," she finally spoke after a moment.

"I don't know what to do!" I sighed, falling back onto Kenz's bed.

"Well, to be completely honest, I can't say I've ever been in this situation. I mean, I've done a lot of dumb shit, like that time this guy convinced me to buy some Molly outside of K-Mart, or when I went to McDonald's and almost hooked up with the manager when he offered me a free McFlurry—wait, what were we talking about again?"