The Battle of the Bands | 17

So I gave up on an updating schedule so I'm just gonna post a chapter or two like every day now? ^^

*^*

Apparently, when I mentioned to Trevor about meeting Nick and Jack, he took that literally, because he insisted that he, the twins, Maxwell, Kenzie, and I all go to Benny's on Sunday.

Benny's was a local burger joint in Asheville, and teens often went there to hang out with their friends to get a burger and a shake. I figured it'd be the best place to bring the dumbasses that I called my friends.

"C'mon guys, I wanna try and get a good seat!" Trevor insisted, an amused grin on his face.

"You act like we're going to a concert or something," I replied, rolling my eyes slightly, "This is Benny's, there's plenty of seats to go around."

"Ooh, let's get that big roundy booth in the back!" Trevor grinned, ignoring my sarcasm as he dragged all of us to the back of the restaurant where the booth was located.

"I'm telling you, Nick, the video says yanny," Jack sighed, playing the video once more as he argued with his brother.

"Nope, it's laurel," Nick insisted, sitting down next to Jack. All six of us crammed into the booth, and I was convinced that Trevor purposely sat me next to Maxwell.

He was grinning like an idiot and waggling his eyebrows at me every minute, causing me to slap him upside the head.

"It's yanny," Jack said.

"Nope, laurel," Nick replied, crossing his arms in disagreement.

"Yanny,"

"Laurel,"

"Yanny,"

"Laurel,"

"Yann-"

"Let me hear the video," Trevor interrupted the twins as they bickered, causing both of them to turn their heads in sync. They played the video out loud and Trevor thought for a moment, tapping a finger at his lip.

"I think it's yanny," he finally said, snatching a menu out of Maxwell's hand and giving a cheeky grin.

"You can share with your girlfriend over there," he nudged his elbow over to me and I scowled, glancing over at Trevor with my best-unimpressed look.

"Sleeping in a bed together doesn't make you together." Maxwell rolled his eyes, leaning closer to me so he could see the menu.

Our arms brushed together and I could feel the warmth of his skin on mine, causing me to blush ever so slightly. Trevor must've noticed, though, cause he sent me a knowing grin when I looked up.

I did my best to ignore him and finally decided on what to order, then a waitress came and we ordered our drinks and food.

"So Kylie, how have things been since you left lover boy's house?" Trevor mused, leaning on the table with a smirk.

"Will you give it a rest already?" Maxwell sighed, laying his head on the table with a grunt, "I regret agreeing to come here with you."

Trevor let out an amused laugh.

"Ooh, the drinks are here!" Kenzie finally spoke up, her eyes fixed on the waitress coming our way with six glasses on a tray.

"Here are two sweet teas, a Dr. Pepper, a Pepsi, and two Mtn Dews." she smiled, setting our drinks down carefully. I thanked her and she walked towards another table to check on them, leaving our table with an awkward silence.

"So Nick and Jack, do you guys play football?" Trevor was the first to break the silence, seeming genuinely curious. The two nodded their heads, both of them trying to speak at the same time.