The Battle of the Bands | Introduction

I n t r o d u c t i o n

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello and welcome to The Battle of the Bands! Here's some information that'll help you decide if you wanna stick around and read the story.

The majority of this story has been written on my iPhone, so I apologize in advance for grammar errors

• I'm a young author and I have a hell of a long way to go with my writing skills (I'm currently 14 years old)

• This book contains swearing that some might consider to be offensive

• This story is supposed to be more humorous than serious, though there is some drama thrown in to spice it up ;)

*^*

A u t h o r ' s  N o t e

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of the places/brands in this book are real, but all characters mentioned (aside from celebrities) are FICTIONAL. Any resemblances to real-life events or real people is purely a coincidence. Additionally, opinions of characters DO NOT reflect the author's opinions. If a character says something that offends you, don't hate me for it.

Also, I've already finished writing this book and will be using an updating schedule, so you don't have to worry about me not completing the story :)

I'll be updating on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, so be on the lookout ^-^

*^*

S u m m a r y

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He took a step closer, the smirk not leaving his face as he could sense my irritation.

"I've been looking forward to this for far too long," he laughed, licking his lips. "And for once, I'm gonna be the one knocking the smug smile off of your face."

My scowl deepened, confused as to what he was talking about. He took another step forward, standing close enough for me to get a whiff of his minty breath and aftershave.

He leaned in towards my ear, speaking loud enough for only me to hear, "We'll settle this with the battle of the bands,"

***

Kylie Thompson had it all; she had the perfect family, a handsome boyfriend, good grades, and she was apart of one of the best marching bands in the state.

Within a year, that all changed. Her parents inform her that they're getting a divorce, her boyfriend broke up with her, her grades began to slip, and her band director passed away from kidney failure.

Now Kylie has to deal with four new issues; her parent's immature fights, avoiding her ex, improving her grades, and keeping the band from falling apart. All of this, and putting up with a guy in the rival band that is so cocky yet so cute.

With these newfound troubles, will Kylie be able to keep her life from crumbling, or will a certain someone come along and sweep her off her feet?

*^*

C h a r a c t e r s

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of each chapter that a new (important/main) character is introduced, I will include their lookalike/aesthetic board. Feel free to use them if you want, but it's completely up to you :)

*^*

C o p y r i g h t

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright 2020 @butterybreadsticks

All rights reserved.