Part 7

Midoriya had locked himself in his room once again. Just thinking about the past few days was really heartbreaking for him. He wondered if his mom knew something about this. Inko never really talked about her husband at all. It was quite weird now that Midoriya thinks about it. Does she know?

Midoriya was slipping deep more into his thoughts. He started to mumble to himself saying random things and trying to come up with conclusions.

If she did know, then why would she keep it a secret from her son all these years?

Midoriya reached for his phone off his nightstand. He was a bit stubborn at first fighting with himself whether he should call his mother or not. It took a few seconds to think, and he finally made his decision.

He pulled up her contact and called her.

"Izuku?"
"Hey mom," Midoriya said with very little enthusiasm in his voice.
"Hi baby, how are you? So glad you called!" She sounded so excited and happy. Midoriya tried so hard not to cry. She could possibly be so clueless about this.
"Yeah...me too..."
"Izu, is there something wrong? You sound sad."

Don't.

Cry.

Midoriya stayed silent for a moment, trying so hard not to cry. He fought with himself to suck it up and keep the tears in. He was sick and tired of crying. That's all he did for the past few days.

"I-I'm okay mom...I need to ask you something real quick."
"Okay. What is it?"
"I know you don't talk about it...and neither do I...but...I think it's time that we did..."
"Izuku? What are you talking about?"
"Mom, what happened to dad?"

It was silent on the line for a moment. Midoriya could hear faint sighing. Was there something she knew that he didn't?

"I-I don't really know how to explain this, Izu-"
"Mom," he said with a stern voice. "Please."

Inko stayed silent again for another minute. Why did it have to be now?

"Izuku, I-I don't-"
"Mom, please," Midoriya begged. "I want to know what happened to him!" Anger started to grow into his voice. She was trying to ignore the question. He's never felt so much anger before in his life. Inko on the other line was quite shocked by this emotion her son was giving. She's never heard or seen him so angry before.

She finally gave in, giving up on dodging the question. "Alright, I'll tell you...Your dad worked overseas a lot," she began. "But one day when he had to go on a business trip...the police called me and said that he stole a quirk..."

Midoriya's eyes widened. He recognized that from anywhere.

"Stop," Midoriya interrupted her. "Just stop..."
"But I thought-"
"I heard enough!" Midoriya yelled and ended the call.

This can't be true.

All For One can't really be his dad...

But...his mom made it so clear...

Midoriya chucked his phone across the room, which ended up breaking. He turned his face into his pillow and screamed. He screamed and screamed, and screamed as it started to turn into violent sobs.

"Why did it have to be my dad?!"

n y o o m