Thirty-one

"Mate."

I gasp at Jungkook. Rose seems confused yet she didn't break eye contact.

Jungkook blinks rapidly before shaking his head.

"I-I need to go for a walk.." Jungkook mumbles before hastily making his way towards the front door. Rose follows him with her eyes and breathes out.

"Wow.. When you said you had met some friends, you didn't tell me one of them was that.. captivating." She whispered to me with a flushed look on her face. I just chuckle and shake my head. I saw the others behind her smile as well, she didn't know that they could hear her with their high sense of hearing.

"Anyways.. this is Kim Taehyung and Kim SeokJin." I introduce Rose to them as she cools her heated face. She shakes both of their hands and smile.

"How did you meet these men Seoyeon? I didn't think you were this fast to open up." Rose asks me suddenly and I blink. My mouth hangs open, unable to process my answer.

"She met all of us through your brother." Jimin spoke as he made his way towards me to wrap his arms around me. Rose glanced at her brother and quirked an eyebrow.

Hoseok laughs nervously. "Uh.. surprise? I have friends?"

Rose rolls her eyes and looks back at me.

"Anyways.. we have so much to talk about! Let's go to my room while I unpack and we can chat!" Rose says excitedly and drags me along with her up the stairs as she carries her suitcase.

I can feel the nervousness from Jimin through our bond.

"A-ah we'll be downstairs still! And Rose please slow down for her.." Jimin pleads as we reach the top of the stairs. Rose looks over the railing and laughs.

"Oh don't be so worried! She will never get hurt when I'm around!" Rose giggles and walks to her room with me following behind.

After an hour or two, Rose and I are interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Come in~" Rose chimes. The door opens to reveal Jin. He smiles handsomely.

"Hey~ we made dinner downstairs. Come down before it's all gone." Jin jokes and closes the door again.

"Oh hell yes! I'm starvingggg." Rose jumps up and stretches dramatically. I giggle and sit up in bed, standing up.

As Rose and I are heading out of her room, Jimin mind-links me.

"Could you come to your room for a second?"

'Sure I'll be there.'

"Hey Rose, I'll be right there. I just need to use the bathroom." I smile and she nods happily before heading down the stairs.

I open my bedroom door to see Jungkook sitting at my desk chair with his head in his hands and Jimin sitting on my bed with a concerned yet stern expression on his face. They both look up to the sound of my appearance.

"Hey.. what's going on? Is something wrong?" I ask quietly and Jimin sighs. He stands and walks to me.

"I just think Jungkook needs someone to talk to.. I talked to him already but he's still stressed out over the mate thing. Could you speak to him?" He glances up and holds my hand sweetly. I nod as I watch Jungkook with concern.

"Thanks.. I'll be with the others." Jimin smiles and kisses my lips before leaving.

"Hey.. Kookie.. talk to me?" I ask gently as I approach him. He just shakes his head and sighs.

"Noona.. I'm scared to have a mate." He confesses and looks up. I can see his distress. "It's not that I don't want a mate.. I do.. but I'm scared that.. maybe I'm not good enough? That I'll get rejected.." Jungkook fidgets with his hands. I sigh and rub his back.

"Kookie.. I understand.. It can be scary to think about what mates mean to us and how much they can affect our lives but.. having Rose as a mate.." I bend over to meet his eye level as best I can. "You're lucky. Rose is such a sweet girl.. I know she would never reject someone like you. Sure, she may be shocked at first but so would many other people. I was too." I chuckle lightly and Jungkook smiles.

"How should I approach her?" He asks quietly. I purse my lips as I think.

"She's already attracted to you.. so I say build your relationship and when you feel ready, you can tell her. And I don't think it will be hard to get close to her. She's already itching to get to know you." I laugh as I stand straight up again. Jungkook sits up and looks confident.

"Okay. I trust you Luna. Thank you.. you have great advice. Your pups are very lucky." Jungkook thanks me while my eyes water. I sniffle, alarming Jungkook.

"A-ah did I say something bad? Luna.. please don't cry.. Jimin is gonna murder me again.. ah.." Jungkook panics and wipes my tears.

I sniffle and smile. "I'm fine.. just the hormones haha.. let's go get dinner now okay?" I chuckle while Jungkook gulps and nods.

When we enter the kitchen where everyone is chatting and eating, Jimin makes eye contact with me and immediately stands.

"Did you make her cry Kook?" Jimin glared. Jungkook looks scared and shakes his head frantically.

"I- no- she- I'm- Yes- ah- pups- hormones- Alpha.." Jungkook whines.

Rose raises an eyebrow.

"Alpha?" She asks curiously. "Pups? What are you talking about?"

We all freeze. Rose widens her eyes.

"Are y'all werewolves perhaps?"

The room goes silent, all that is heard is everyone's heart racing out of nervousness.

Rose then starts laughing. "Haha I'm just kidding guys. But seriously what do you mean by Alpha and pups?" She smiles but it soon fades as everyone stays tense.

"You're.. all human.. right? Seoyeon? I know you are." Rose turns to look at me and my face goes pale.

"Of course.. Your joke is just.. really bad." I laugh nervously but it soon fades as Rose narrows her eyes.

"Seoyeon.. I've known you for a while now.. I can tell you are lying."

I gulp as everyone looks at me nervously.

Rose may be naive but she's also really good at reading people. She can see right through me.

Ah shit.. what do we do?