Eighteen

We are in a meadow. Jimin stands over me, offering me his hand. I giggle as he helps me up. He takes me into his embrace and we sway. It's peaceful. The sound of a stream can be heard and the calming sound of a willow tree's leaves being blown by the wind.

Suddenly I feel Jimin push me to the side. I fall onto the ground and turn to Jimin with a confused look. Until I notice what's going on. Jimin is fighting a man.. Felix. More are coming from the woods! It's an ambush!

Members of our pack start coming out to defend our territory. I stand there helplessly watching, my body frozen until I feel someone grab my hand. I turn to them with wide eyes.

Taehyung..

He looks behind me with a panicked look. Suddenly, I scream. A knife is dug into my shoulder blade and twisted. Taehyung immediately snaps the person's neck and picks me up. I make eye contact with Jimin. He looks at me with wide worried eyes. My heart rate picks up when I notice Felix take advantage of his distraction and shifts.

"JIMIN!"

I scream and sob when I witness Jimin get his stomach slashed open. He falls to the ground in pain as Felix finishes him off. The look Felix had in his eyes is one that I will never forget...

That isn't my brother.

"SEOYEON!"

I gasp as my eyes snap open. I sit up frantically and look around. I'm.. in bed? It looks like the sun came up already. I look over and Jimin is holding my shoulders with teary eyes.

"Oh thank god.. I thought you were going to hurt yourself.." he hugs me tightly and rubs my back. I start to sob and throw my hands around him.

"You're o-okay.." I sob quietly against his bare chest. He strokes my hair and comforts me. "Y-you.."

"Shh.. just breathe then you can tell me." He leans back and holds me tight against him. I calm down and sniffle before I look up at him. He smiles and wipes my tears with his thumb.

"Nightmare? I didn't notice the moon was full tonight.. I'm sorry I should've warned you.." Jimin looked down at me with a sorry smile. I shook my head.

"I should've kept note.." I say quietly and nuzzle my nose against his neck. After a few moments of silence, I speak. "I.. I had a different nightmare.."

Jimin holds my shoulders and pulls me away to look at my face.

"A different one?" He asks half concerned and half curious. I nod and bite my lip.

"It seemed so real.." I pause and sigh. "We were in the meadow.. just spending time together.. when.. Felix. He came out of no where and you two started fighting. More of his pack came out and fought our pack. They were ambushing us.. I.. I got stabbed. Taehyung helped me but.. but.. I- watched- y-y-" Jimin cuts me off and kisses my forehead.

"Breathe.."

I follow Jimin's directions and took a deep breath.

"I watched Felix shift and kill you.. the look in his eyes.. there was no evidence left of the man I once called my brother.." I look down at my hands and let my tears silently fall. Jimin looks at me troubled.

He picks me up and sits me on his lap, taking me into his embrace again. I lean forward into his chest and lay there comfortably as he strokes my hair and back.

"What if.. something like that happens.." I say my most feared thought out loud. Jimin stays silent for a minute.

"You're safe.. the pack is safe.. and I'm safe. There will be no ambush.. it's against the law. Don't stay caught up on this okay..? The more attention you give it, the more you encourage it to happen." Jimin talks quietly.

I nod and cuddle up against him more.

"Don't stress over this.. it's not healthy." He whispers and caresses my face.

"I'll try.." I mumble. I feel him kiss the top of my head and sigh.

"Don't scare me like that again.." he chuckles. I smile slightly and close my eyes, exhaustion hitting me like a truck. Jimin feels me go limp.

"It's 8am.. we should be getting up but I want you to sleep more.. " Jimin says quietly, still stroking my hair. I hum.

"You have work to do.." I say tiredly, trying to get off of him so that he can leave bed. He pulls me close to him again.

"Stay.. you're comfortable. And I'm not leaving you... just sleep. I will get work done later. I promise.. for now you're my first priority." He says calmly. I smile.

"I'm so lucky.." I relax in his arms and fade.

"So am I, Seoyeon." Is the last thing I hear before falling back asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Waking up, I find myself in a different room. The office? I scan my eyes around the room and spot Jimin at his desk. I'm laying on the couch.

Damn I will never get tired of watching that man.

'Me either..'

Who knew he looked so good in glasses?Jimin suddenly looks up and makes eye contact with me. I blush as he smiles sweetly.

"Feel better?" He asks as he walks over and squats in front of the couch, so that he is facing me face to face.

I smile. "A lot better now.. what time is it?" I sit up and stretch. Jimin looks at the clock on his wall.

"2pm."

My eyes go wide.

"I slept for that long!?" I shout in surprise. Jimin chuckles and stands up. "Why didn't you wake me up sooner?"

"You looked exhausted Seoyeon. What time did you actually fall asleep last night?" Jimin raises an eyebrow as he looks down at me. I pout.

"4am..." I mumble and Jimin shakes his head.

"Please take care of yourself.. I really love taking care of you but not under the circumstances that you stress so much that you can't sleep." I feel guilty as I watch Jimin speak and furrow his eyebrows in concern. There's just so much on my mind.

"Sorry Jimin.. I promise I'll try to not let things get to me as easily."