One

As soon as I step off the plane, I search for the face that I've been waiting to see.

"Seoyeon!" Suddenly I'm being suffocated.

"Rose! Hi! Oh my god, we are actually talking in person." I pull away from her as we both giggle like idiots.

"I know right? Is this all you have?" Rose glances behind me at my modest luggage.

"I told you I want to start fresh." I smile at her sheepishly.

"Well, okay then. We can buy you loads of things! Oh, or you can share my clothes!" She says excitedly as we walk towards the exit of the airport.

The ride to her house wasn't awkward at all. We were chatting and laughing the whole way, just how we always did over the phone. We pull up in her driveway and I smile at how cute and cozy her modern house is. It's not small but it's not a mansion either. I know she has a brother too who likes to visit sometimes so she has 3 bedrooms.

"Here's your room! It's not decorated yet cause I thought we can do that as a bonding thing. But I did paint it an off white like you wanted." She turns to me and smiles at my reaction.

"This is perfect Rose! I can't thank you enough for letting me stay with you." I hug her gratefully as she giggles.

"You're like a sister, of course I'll do anything for you." She pats my head. "Oh and I think my brother is coming over for dinner to meet you."

"Oh? What was his name again?" I turned to her and ask, genuinely forgetting his name.

"Hoseok. Jung Hoseok."

I unpack my small suitcase full of two outfits, toiletries, and my most prized possession.

"My camera.." I examine it for any damage from the journey. I look outside my window to see the woods.

Do it.

That voice in my head goes off. I bite my lip and grin foolishly.

I sprint down the stairs with my camera and call out to Rose.

"Hey, I'll be back in an hour, I just want to explore the neighborhood!" I don't wait for her response and escape out the door.

I run into the woods and look around in awe. I've always appreciated how beautiful nature itself could be. I hop down to a small pond and snap a picture of the reflection.

 I hop down to a small pond and snap a picture of the reflection

Smiling at the shot, I continue walking. Taking in a deep breath of the fresh air as I march farther into the trees.

I've taken several pictures by now and I think it's time for me to head back. I turn around facing the way I came. My heart starts to pound when I realize that I didn't take into account where I was going.

My photos! I can just look back into my camera and recount my steps and landmarks. I pat my shoulder, proud of my quick solution. Suddenly something rustles behind me.

"Hello?" I snap my neck around to look. Nothing.

The voice in my head suddenly starts to mumble gibberish, excitedly.

I blink a few times shaking my head.

"It's just my paranoia.. don't be such a scaredy-cat Seoyeon.." I hit my head lightly. I start to make my way back when movement is caught in my peripheral. I freeze and turn.

"I know you're there, come out now." I search the area with wide eyes. I flinch when I see something grey and white gracefully make its way around some trees. I gasp. A wolf! A big one at that.. must be an alpha.

Mmh! Mmh!

I furrow my brows at the strange muffled sound the voice makes in my mind. I brush it off.

I bow my head slightly as the wolf seems to raise its head higher, showing dominance. I look up and see it staring at me. It's expression, some what human. I stare back in awe, wanting to get closer.

"Do you mind if I take a picture..?" I ask for its permission. It blinks and I chuckle. "Of course you won't respond, you don't understand me.." I shake my head at my silliness. I pick up my camera and take a photo.

 I pick up my camera and take a photo

I look down at the photo and smile.

"Wow.. you're a natural.." I giggle to myself as I put my camera away. I look back up to see the wolf stalking closer to me. I don't run, nor do I feel threatened. On some crazy instinct, I put out my hand.

When it nudges my hand up, I gasp. I caress its soft fur.

That voice in my head starts to make weird animal howling noises. The heck?

I would sound crazy if I told anyone about this encounter. On top of that, I feel sparks shooting up my arm.

I look up and realize it's getting dark. My heart starts to race again. I look into the eyes of the magnificent creature, and it stares right back.

"I must be crazy for thinking of asking this but.. maybe can you help me find my way back to the edge of the woods?.. I have to get back for dinner." I smile sheepishly thinking I must be insane. To my surprise the wolf starts to pad away.

"Ah- w-wait up." I jog over to match the wolf's pace.

A few minutes later, I find myself at the edge of the woods. I stand there dumbfounded.

"Now I must be crazy.." I whisper to myself. I look back at the wolf whom watches me patiently.

"Thank you so much for your help.. I'll stop by tomorrow afternoon. I would love to experience this encounter again." I talk to the wolf and smile. Thinking that this was a dream that I would wake up from any moment.

"Well.. hope to see you tomorrow.. bye!" I sprint off, to Rose's house after sending the wolf a warm smile.

At least this wasn't a nightmare.