Twenty-six

Jimin kept begging me to stay in the office with him but I had my own responsible to do.

"Please~ I just want to stay like this another hour.." Jimin holds me flat against himself as we lay on the couch. His hands are wrapped around my waist as we lay sideways. I giggle.

"You know we both have work to do.. you can have me all to yourself later tonight." I kiss his hand as he pouts. It's not often that I see him this childish. He reluctantly lets me out of his embrace. I stand and fix my clothes. He props himself up on one elbow and watches me with a smile.

"What?" I look at him with a small blush. He shakes his head and chuckles. He reaches out to touch my stomach.

"I haven't noticed until now.. there is a small bump there.." he smiles and caresses it. "I'm so relieved that we only have to wait 4 and a half months.. I don't think I could wait a full 9 months." Jimin laughs.

I smile down at him. "How do we tell the pack?" I ask suddenly feeling insecure. He sweeps his hair back and thinks.

"We'll hold a pack meeting tomorrow evening. It everyone's free day to take a rest from training." Jimin nods agreeing with what he said. Oh!

"Oh I forgot I should probably work on some more of my skills.. do you think Tae and the others are in the garage?" I ask suddenly wanting to prepare myself. Jimin grabs my wrist and pulls me towards him as he stands.

"Wait Seoyeon.. I don't want you to fight.." My eyes widen at his statement.

"B-but I feel guilty if I don't help." I say honestly and Jimin smiles.

"I understand and I appreciate that so much and so does the pack. But I'm sure most of us don't want the Luna to risk not only herself but her unborn pups in the first battle." Jimin moves the hair out of my face with a apologetic smile. I look down feeling guilty.

He's right.. I can't risk hurting my pups. Especially at such an early stage.

I nod. "I understand. But is there anything I can do to help?" I look into his eyes with hope. He thinks.

"I'll allow you to help form fighting strategies.. but other than that I don't want you anywhere near the danger." He looks at me sternly. I smile and nod.

"That's good enough for me.. thank you Jimin." I hug him tightly, resting my head against his hard chest. I feel him sigh and stroke my hair.

"Please stay safe.. I don't know what I would do if anything bad were to happen to you.." I look up and I can see the stress in his eyes. I stand on my tippy toes and peck his lips.

"I'm capable of protecting myself. You know this." I smile and he laughs. "I'm going to go help some of the moms with the pups. I heard they are acting out today." I pull away and hold his hands. He nods and kisses my forehead.

"Okay, don't let them near our pups though! I've seen how rough they play." He warns me playfully and I giggle as I make my way to the door. I hug my stomach and blow him a kiss before walking out.

As I'm watching over the younger pups for the moms, I start to feel happiness replace that feeling of worry. I can finally have my own babies.. to show them the life I wish I had as a kid. Full of love and affection. I watch the older kids tumble around playfully. I chuckle as I get up to help them get untangled.

"You guys shouldn't be so rough with each other. You're going to hurt on-humph" I was cut off when a frisbee hit me in the stomach.

"Noona! Are you okay? I'm sorry.." a girl comes over and pouts as another pup comes over and bows their head. I bite my lip worried but cover it up with a smile.

"I know you're sorry.. it was an accident. But no playing with frisbees inside! You can break something and you know this!" I chide them. They bow their heads and run off with the other pups. I take this chance to lift my shirt and check. I suck in a small breath when I see a small bruise forming on the side of my stomach. My skin has always bruised easily though.. maybe it isn't as bad as it seems.

Anxiety rushes through my blood and I think of the worse case scenarios. Did it maybe hurt one of the pups...? Ah I need to see Jin.

I pop my head in and see him at his desk. Sensing my presence, he looks up over his thin framed glasses.

"Oh! Seoyeon, how did it go.." he asks excitedly and stands. I step into the room and fiddle with my hands. He frowns. "Did Jimin not react well? That stupid mutt, he may be alpha but I'll-"

"No no no! Jimin is so happy!" I cut him off before he can do anything rash. "I just wanted to make sure of something.. one of the pups accidentally threw a frisbee at me and.." I lift my shirt to show the small bruise. I can hear Jin's heart rate pick up.

"They aren't supposed to be playing frisbee inside.. gosh those pups really need to learn. I can see your concern but I'm afraid I can't check.. It's still too early to sense their heartbeats. It's not developed yet. We were already lucky to even get a glimpse of the two." Jin looks at me apologetically. I nibble on my lip.

"We will just have to see.. in the mean time if there is blood then come to me immediately. We should be able to check in another week though.."

I sigh and nod. "I see.. thank you Jin." I start to head out but Jin catches my attention before I leave.

"I'm sure your pups are fine though Luna.. but it's always good to be cautious. For the early stages I suggest not hanging around the older pups.. as they can get rowdy." Jin says and I nod. I walk out of his office and close the door behind me before sighing. I rub my stomach gently.

Please be okay.