Thirty-nine

"You know, I'm fully capable of carrying my own things George

"You know, I'm fully capable of carrying my own things George." Alora chimed as she stepped onto platform nine and three-quarters.
Shortly following behind, Ginny rushed through the wall gateway trudging her own trunk behind her.

"Take advantage of it while he's being a gentleman, he won't even carry his own little sister's trunk." Her grin twisted at the corners. The twins chuckled between each other before Fred reluctantly picked up his sister's belongings from her hands.

"Oh have a safe trip everyone! Stay out of trouble!" Mrs.weasley bid goodbye to everyone although she doubted they would. She waved one last time, even sending Harry off with a hug.
He had been only what alora could describe as 'numb' ever since he came back from the court hearing and was cleared of all charges. From the day he arrived to 12 grimmauld place she could sense the brewing anger building up inside of him; with every news article that falsely slandered his name or every rumour he had heard circling, Harry tried to suppress his anxiety driven by the dementor attack.
He looked up at the entrance of the train hesitantly and swallowed, his eyes darting back down.

Alora appeared by his side, brushing his arm softly. Harry was undeniably getting more attention than he'd ever gotten before, albeit they were glares of suspicion or spite.
"We're right here with you." She smiled gently, trying to meet his distant gaze.

Hermione pursed her lips as she ushered Harry onto the train as the horn blared, signalling its departure.
"I hope they're serving a big roast dinner on the first day back! I've been thinking of those mashed potatoes for months." Ron drooled over the mere thought of the upcoming feast.

As the train left the station and was speeding across the tracks towards hogwarts, the friends settled down in their seats.
"I wonder who they've got teaching defence against the dark arts this year." Ron continued to ramble.

"Doesn't matter, not like Freddy and I will be going to any classes." George grinned cheekily, Fred stifling a chuckle in response.

"What makes you say that?" Harry snuffs.

"Because," Fred sparked interest in everyone, his eyes glimmering with mischief. "We've just perfected our puking pastilles. It's pretty much genius." He boasted.

"They can make you sick whenever. Perfect excuse to skip class." George continued.

"Not if you want to pass your O.W.Ls" hermione added with a smirk.

The door of the carriage slid open and Draco stepped in with his hands shoved into his trouser pockets. He grazed the rows of students who reciprocated his intimidating stare with fearful looks. It wasn't until alora noticed the abrupt silence around her that she had turned around and met eyes with draco's hard gaze, his jaw tightened as he saw her sitting next to Harry and George.

Harry glared at the boy, clearly showing his distaste. Draco was the last person Harry wanted to appear infront of him, especially because he had suspected his father had some influence in orchestrating the events of the dementor attack.
He expected for draco to make a snarky remark but instead he just simply took Alora's hand, and pulled her away.