Thirty-one

Harry gulped down a breath as Neville passed him a handful of a slimy green leafy substance, gillyweed

Harry gulped down a breath as Neville passed him a handful of a slimy green leafy substance, gillyweed. Ron found it almost vomit inducing as he stared at the plant grotesquely.
"You sure about this Neville?" Harry asked nervously.

"Absolutely." Neville replied, although he didn't seem confident at all.

"For an hour?"

"Most likely." Neville muttered again.

"Harry, have you seen the girls anywhere?" Ron commented briskly. Alora and hermione has been missing since last night. The boys were beginning to worry.

"No." Harry huffed. "But you'd think they'd want to show up to support their best friend." He furrowed his brows, a mix of frustration and nervousness expressed across his face.

"Exactly! No way they'd just ditch us."

"Let's just hope they get here quick... and soon, the tournament is about to start."

With his feet placed firmly on the wooden platform, Harry threw off his outerwear and positioned himself alongside the three other champions. Shoving the foul tasting gillyweed down his throat, he began to choke and hyperventilate.
The sound of the cannon echoed across the lake and the second task had commenced, Harry stumbled before falling into the deep waters.

The first feeling she could recall was coldness, the freezing water felt like a piercing sting against her skin as she was floating to the surface

The first feeling she could recall was coldness, the freezing water felt like a piercing sting against her skin as she was floating to the surface. It was almost an hour into the second task when she was retrieved from the mermaid village. she felt her lungs fill with oxygen and began to breath heavily as she escaped her state of enchanted sleep. By her side, a Young girl with beautiful long blonde locks gasping with relief.
Helping the girl towards the platform, she saw a disheveled and distressed Fleur. Fleur cried as she shakily reached out in desperation for her sister's outstretched hand. Alora felt her body numbing slowly as she swam to the platform when she was suddenly snatched back into the deep waters.
As she screamed, water entered her lungs and the tangled roots of the grindylows grasped her tightly. Alora kicked but they didn't budge. She felt her body getting weaker and weaker, the freezing water forcing her body shut down slowly.