Twenty-four

As soon as Harry exited the field, covered in ash and golden egg in hand, Hogwarts rejoiced with cheers of pride

As soon as Harry exited the field, covered in ash and golden egg in hand, Hogwarts rejoiced with cheers of pride. That night Gryffindor chanted his name and laughed victoriously thanks to their own tri-wizard champion.

Hermione and Alora eyed the pair of boys the next day at breakfast as Ron and Harry joked, nudging each other's sides playfully just like before. It was only a day ago they both were brooding each other to death.

"How's everything healing up Harry?" Alora asked while prodding at her cereal. She had noticed the red scratches across his face and purple bruises hadn't changed colour at all yet and not to mention the cast he wore on his left arm.

"Feels worst than yesterday honestly." He grimaced.

Ron chuckled, "Maybe if you kiss it it'll feel bet- OW!"

"Shut It Ron." Harry jabbed his friend in the side.

"Look at this!" Hermione exclaimed causing startled reactions.
she shook the newspaper vigorously in her fists.
"l can't believe it! She's done it again. 'Miss Granger,a plain but ambitious girl seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey, sources report is none other than the Bulgarian bonbon, Viktor Krum. No word yet on how Harry Potter's taking this latest emotional blow. '' she scoffed.

Harry rolled his eyes, frankly, he was sick of seeing his own face plastered on every gossip article.
Alora on the other hand saw the image of hermione and Harry embracing and her eyes softened. The article was a lie yet it looked so convincing, her feelings wavered for a second at the possibility of hermione and Harry together.

 The article was a lie yet it looked so convincing, her feelings wavered for a second at the possibility of hermione and Harry together

"The yule ball has been a tradition of
the tri-wizard tournament since its
inception. On Christmas eve night we
and our guests gather in the great hall
for well mannered frivolity. As representitives
of the host school I expect each and
every one of you to put your best foot
forward, and I mean this literally because
the yule ball is first and foremost...
a dance."

A chorus of groans emit from the boys who sat uniformly on one side of the room, whilst the girls sat opposite. Unlike the unenthusiastic boys, the girls muttered excitedly  among themselves.