Twenty-nine

"

"...He's got the dark mark." She whispered under her breath.

Harry's eyes widened, then he stared at her curiously.
Alora had already assumed what he was thinking.
"Draco is not like him."

"How can you be sure? They're cousins." Harry remarked.

She opened her mouth but then pursed her lips shut. She blinked a few times as she looked down at her clammy hands.
" I trust him harry." She said in a soft voice.

Harry looked at her and released a sigh. He bit down on his bottom lip anxiously as he garnered all his courage together. He thought it was the proper time to say it to her. He'd been waiting too long.
"Alora—." He began to utter but fell short of a sentence.
He wracked his brain for the words to say to her. How could he possibly convey four years of emotions in one sentence?
"I think that I love you." He felt a tug on his heartstrings with every word.

She burned red as he stared into her eyes, he had suddenly confessed, but her heart wasn't responding at all. Even if she wanted it to feel something, her heart didn't throb with the same intensity as it did with draco.
She began to utter a response but Harry silenced her.
"Wait, let me finish..." he coughed, his eyes flickering between her and the ground.

"....But I also know you love draco. You look at him differently...the way I wished you looked at me sometimes. He and I don't exactly see eye to eye but I can understand that he cares for you as much as I do." He said softly, a bittersweet smile upon his lips.
Alora felt a solemn ache in her chest at his words.
"And since you can only see draco in your heart, I'm okay being by your side as a friend. I'll still feel the same way about you but I'm willing to wait for as long as I can.
No matter how long it takes."

"Harry..." was all that she could begin to say.
She wished she could reciprocate his feelings but she couldn't bring herself to it. The underlying feeling of guilt seeped into her mind but she felt mostly gratitude towards him in that moment.
It didnt take long for her to throw her arms around him for a gently hug as she rested her head momentarily on his shoulder.
"I'm sorry."

Harry also wrapped his arms around her comfortingly.
He didn't have any regrets, instead, a blissful relief.
"Don't be." He smiled genuinely as they parted.
"You should go find Malfoy. I can tell that you're worried about him." He urged.
Alora nodded and wondered how she ever was luck enough to have him.

Finding Draco wasn't as easy as she thought it to be. She searched the whole venue and he was nowhere. She did however, a come across a very disgruntled and annoyed pansy Parkinson who sneered at her among her fellow slytherin friends. She even checked in the courtyard where she caught couples sneaking into the parked carriages.
She began to gradually get increasingly worried as she paced through the halls, her gown flowing behind her as her heels tapped against the wooden floor with every hurried step. Placing her hand on the latch of the door, she hoped she'd find him inside.
Opening the door with its usual old creaking, she sighed a breath of relief.
He sat on the hospital bed as he usually did when he had something on his mind and stared out the large window at a miraculous view of the stars.

The bed dipped as she slipped off her heels and sat across from him. He looked at her with the same adoration as he always did, but this time, a glint of sadness. The cut on the corner of his lip and bruises that were beginning to darken didn't go unnoticed. She cupped his face with her hand gently.
"Does it hurt?" She said in the softest voice he had ever heard.

" not as much as seeing my cousin all over you." He said bluntly, swallowing the lump in his throat.
She bit down on her lip as her eyes faltered from his.
" I didn't mean for that to happen..." she gazed at Draco's expression and realised. "Are you .. jealous?"

Draco scoffed slightly. "Why wouldn't I be?"

Alora lowered her shoulders and shuffled closer to him.
"That's how I feel.....when I see you and pansy."
She couldn't sworn she saw Draco's eyes light up slightly.

"It's not like I wanted to go with her. You were my first choice. You are always my first choice." A slight pout graced his lips.
Alora smiled as her her heart skipped a beat.

Leaning forward on her knees, her passion overcoming her reason, she kissed him. It felt right. Naturally, he wrapped his arms around her torso, scrunching up her silk dress slightly. She melted into him as her hair fell softly agains her shoulder. He kissed her with more desire than he'd ever felt before, his heart racing wildly. They indulged in the moment, neither wanting to let go.
As their lips parted, their eyes met and they both felt that familiar feeling of warmth in their chests.
She smiled gingerly and gave a quick peck on his cheek before tip-toeing off the side of the bed.
"I should get you patched up."

Draco blushed madly as he watched her spring over to the cabinets in her gown which twirled around her as she spun on her feet. She leaped back onto the mattress holding a few bottles and that yellow bruise removal paste that Draco detested so much.
Sitting cross-legged infront of him, she began to apply ointments to all his small bruises and cuts. He stared at her with more adoration than ever as she scanned his face and gently tended to his injuries.
"I'm sorry—You got scolded for fighting." She said quietly.

"I'd fight everyday if you're the one who will patch me up every time." he smiled toothily as Alora huffed amusedly. Draco smiled at how gorgeous she was when laughing. In fact, he couldn't keep his eyes off her all night. Everything about her sent his heart into a frenzy— he thought about it constantly.
Every inch of his being wanted her to know— the three words he thought about every time he saw her.

"I love you." He breathed.

She stopped cleaning the cut on his cheek momentarily and froze in place. Her eyes flickered to his, everything stood silent for a moment.
"I love you too." She said so effortlessly.
A hopeless smile cracked on both their faces, a rosy red tint stained both their cheeks.
The words they both longed to hear.

Omg. Finally.
Update coming soon! I'm ready to write some fluff!!     (',,•ω•,,)♡