E l e v e n

Hermione clicked open her large trunk and with a flick of her wand a pile of neatly folded sweaters began to fly into the it

Hermione clicked open her large trunk and with a flick of her wand a pile of neatly folded sweaters began to fly into the it. Alora kicked her feet sitting at the end of the bed as she watched her pack. She woke up early this morning and had nothing exciting to do so she decided to visit hermione's room across the hall from hers to watch her pack for the end of year break.

"I still don't understand why you're packing so early when school doesn't even finish until the end of the week mione." She grumbled as her back hit the mattress. Alora was getting increasingly bored of watching her friend fold clothing.

"I'm just so excited to see my parents, it's been so long and they've been dying to hear what I've been learning since they can't send mail the normal way." She replied brightly, squeezing her freshly ironed shirt in her hands.

Alora chuckled, "last time i saw you this excited was when we got told our O.W.Ls were coming up." She teased earning a look from hermione.

"By the way," hermione darted her head to Alora. "You've never told us where you're going. Where does your family live again?" She queried.

Alora's aura suddenly shifted. "..oh..that.." she began to say.
Her relaxed posture simultaneously became tense as hermione raised a suspicious brow.
".. well me and my mother are just staying home.. we live in a pretty secluded area so I don't think you would know where it is." She smiled nervously. A lump in her throat began to form and her ears became red.
Hermione had an itch that she was making her uncomfortable so she decided to change the subject.

She pressed her lips in a thin line. The atmosphere suddenly became so thick.
"Well harry ron and I will most likely be meeting this holidays, you should come visit us." She said encouragingly.
"I'm sure Harry would like that." She grinned.

Alora let out a soft chuckle. She knew that Harry had been purposely distancing himself lately because he thinks Alora needed to be alone for some time. She thought it was sweet of him to be so considerate however she didn't want then to grow apart permanently. She felt resentful towards herself for leaving him in the dark after their date and only caring about her own feelings.

"Maybe I will. Actually, I'm going to go to breakfast first, to see if he's there now." She breathed determinedly. She threw on her shoes and paced out the door leaving hermione with a very satisfied grin on her face.

 She threw on her shoes and paced out the door leaving hermione with a very satisfied grin on her face