Chapter 25 : The Past Life (3)

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

It has been seventy-two hours since he proposed Anika. He thought he could sleep freely after confessing to her but here it was getting more hard. He couldn't focus on anything, let alone sleep. His strong hope reduced. Thinking he should get ready to hear the worst, a No from her. Adding point to his disappointment, Anika didn't speak to him these whole three days. No calls or messages, the last time she spoke was after dropping the girls in their hostel ; "bye" she said. There is no charm in his face. When he call her friends, he get to know that Anika didn't told them anything about his confession. They too inform him that she's too engrossed in her studies these days. That's it, he confirm that she'll definitely will say no. She didn't even share anything with her friends, that means she didn't bother about it at all. Maybe he should follow his friends advice to propose in a grand way, then she might say yes. But it's too late now, he loved someone wholeheartedly, his first love has successfully failed. It was hard for him, he is someone who can't accept failure easily and he didn't notice the tears started to make ways. He just lay down on his bed, sleep was too far now, didn't care to wipe his tears, Shivaay closed his eyes slowly.

Anika was in delima, she did nothing all these days but thinking about Shivaay. She gave up the plan to inform her friends too so that she can be free from their teasing. Sitting in study table, open a random book and she start to think whether she should say yes or no. For other it's really looks like she's studying, never they know her exact situation. Yes she likes him, she love him but why she's scaring away to answer her. She already assume Shivaay's situation. She felt bad for making him wait. But she too need a clear mind before taking a decision. She scared what if she too addicted in love life and left behind her studies? What if her dad get to know, will he be happy or angry? While thinking, she dozed off on her study table itself.

The next day, both went to their respective colleges absent mind-ly. Screaming of lectures was not bothered. They were still thinking about the same thing. Shivaay straight away went to bed more early than usual. Not appetite, he skipped his dinner. Anika was sitting on a chair in her hostel balcony. She had some vegetable soup upon her friends pleading. Enough of this stranger drama, not talking with Shivaay made her restless. She started it and regretting for it. It was almost midnight, with her heart thumping hard, she took her mobile and typed, "Shivaay I'm sorry for making you wait so long. I love you Shivaay, I really do and sorry again" and click send. Signing in relief, she cover herself with duet that's when her phone vibrated flashing Shivaay's name. Her heart again back to previous state, but she couldn't control her smiling face.

She open her inbox and saw his message, "Waiting for you at your hostel back gate. Please don't say no I badly need to see your face". How can she meet him now and how he came here just in few minutes, she have no idea. She too wanted to meet him badly, having no option Anika sneakily went out from her room.

There he is standing, wearing a round neck t-shirt and track pant while anika was wearing a loose spaghetti t-shirt and floral short. Shivaay jogged to her to hold her hand with his cold one. This made shiver run through her spine. The moment he received her message, shivaay was actually wandering around her hostel in his car. Her reply made him scream out loud happily jumping here and there. Helding her hand, he spoke "I'm so happy now, I have no idea how I survived these four days which is real hell. I don't know what made you to respond after four long days but I promise Anika you'll never regret in this. You deserve the best and I'm ready to serve you that. Now I want hear those three words from you. Will you Anika, since I'm going to hear your voice after so many days". This man only make her heart swell in happiness. Anika tell those magical words in his ears only to make his eyes glistening in tears. She gently wipe his tears not minding hers, she mouthed sorry for making him wait. Shivaay nodded his head in no and wiped her tears, kissing her forehead gently he took her in bone crushing hug. It was their first kiss, kiss of assurance. Breaking the hug Shivaay, brought out a ring from his pocket, kneel down he slide into her finger and kissed them. "You're booked as mine" he again pecked her forehead.