Chapter 48 : A fresh Start

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Next day morning, Anika was greeted by Shivaay right at her door step. They had their breakfast separately in their respective rooms. Reason, Shivaay left somewhere early in the morning without informing Anika. When he return, Anika refused to open the door. He smiled widely while Anika frowned. She frowned more when her sight falls on his face. He was wearing the same beanie that Anika brought for him but that's not important. The important thing is that he appeared with a clean shaved face.

Ani : HEY, what happened to your beard? (Anika question being shocked)

Shiv : Can you let me in first?(Shivaay entered her room making an irritated face ignoring her question)

A confused Anika followed him and saw Shivaay sitting on the couch and drinking water from her glass.

Ani : Shivaay, care to explain? What happened to your beard and why are you wearing this now (pulling out his beanie before even Shivaay try to protest)

That's it. Her eyes popped out from the socket while her mouth went wide. "Shivaay", she gasped. There Shivaay is sitting as nothing happened with a clean shaved face and shaved head.

Ani : Shiv... aay what happened? Where is your hair?

Taking a deep breath, Shivaay sat straight.

Shiv : Nothing big happened to react this way, Anika. Relax. It's just that i went to saloon, thought to try new hair style that you would like. The latter ended up like this, you know right i went there so early in the morning, so the hairdresser is too sleepy i think. Yeah that's it.

Anika was not at all convinced with his reasoning. She crooked her eyebrow, hand in hip and checked him from head to toe.

Ani : Then?

Shiv : What?

Ani : What you did?

Shiv : What you want me to do?

Ani : WHAT? You did nothing?

Shiv : ....

Ani : Omg... Shivaay you did nothing! Seriously ?!

Shiv : Ani, can you please...

Ani : No i can't. You lost your precious hair and beard, still you didn't sue the saloon . You might burn down the saloon by now.

Shiv : I told you right. It's my mistake too, i shouldn't went there so early in the morning.

Ani : But you should be aware the moment he/she shaved off your beard right? Then how come you leave it untill they touch your hair?

Shiv : Stop integrating me. Yeah i slept too. I didn't realize.

Ani : Now, stop all your lame cooked up stories and tell me the truth.

She told while raising his chin to make him face her. Shivaay's gaze fell everywhere but Anika. It's clear that he is hiding something.

Ani : I know shivaay, you're not someone who'll easily let go off the matter when it's come to your family, business and hair. I know how possessive you are for your hair and i also knew that you will never sleep while having hair cut no matter how tired you are. So don't try to fool me. Tell me, come on.

Shiv : You missed two important things here. You're also my family now or can say more than that and I'm possessive for you not my hair. Understand?

Ani : Don't confuse me Shivaay. Come to the point straight.

Shiv : I don't know what to do, Ani. I messed up everything. I'm ashamed on myself for behaving in such way to you. You're so kind to forgive me Anika but i can't. This guilt is eating me till now, every second. I know this is nothing infront of what you went through but...