Issue #21 "Will The Real Keegan Please Stand Up?"

Only a few  issues remain. Almost at the end, kids. Sorry for the wait. 

Issue #21 "Will The Real Keegan Please Stand Up?" 

I coughed, the taste of asphalt in my mouth. My eyes stung and my head was pounding, thumping. 

"God," I mumbled to myself, trying to pick myself off of the floor. 

I dusted myself off and stared. I was int he lair. Our liar. The Batcave, underground. But where was everybody? "Did grandma send me back to far?" I asked myself out loud. 

"And you are?" I heard a voice ask from behind, before spinning around to face, well."Holy Shit," Past Keegan said. 

"I can explain," I said. 

"You're me," he spat out. He put his fists up. "Is this some kind of mind trick?"

"No," I said. "I'm you, about an hour from now." 

Past Keegan sighed, dropping his hands to his side. "Who died?" 

I swallowed. "Everyone, kinda." 

His eyes bugged. "Wren? Dad?" He paused, and stepped forward a little. "Mom?"

"Mom and Wren, yes," I said. "There was an explosion at City Hall before Dad's trial."

Past Keegan snorted. "Why should I believe any of this?" he asked. "How do I know this isn't some trick by Dianne and you're a mirage?"

I grumbled. "We don't have time for this!"I shouted. 

He pounded his fist together. "Make time, Impostor," he hissed. 

Suddenly., he charged at me, fists in the air. He used his shoulders to charge me. I blocked it using my hands, but God Jesus, Past me was so strong that the force of it sent me into the wall.

MY back cracked and my bones screamed, but I denied myself the yell that wanted to escape. 

I dropped to my knees instead, panting  a bit. 

I looked up at him. He had his hands folded over his chest. "I would be able to resist that."

I stood back up, and dusted myself off. "I don't wanna have to kick my own ass, so if you don't mi-"

He threw another punch. I ducked it and grabbed him by the wrist, flipping onto his back.

I was about to throw a heavy punch at him, while he lied on the ground, but, by the time my hand landed, a lightning fast bit of green had flashed by and gripped him. 

My punch connected with the ground and shook the room, dust flying into he air and shards of the tile that had been on the ground. 

I got up, and was faced with all of my friends, staring at me and then at Past Keegan, with Racer next to him.