Issue #17 "Super Cute Jesus"

RECAP:

KEEGAN FINDS OUT THAT DONNY, JEREMY AND DAUNTE ARE ALL SUPERBOY. 

MR TERRIFIC MUST EITHER HAND HIMSELF OVER OR MORE HEROES WILL BE HUNTED

  "House blowing up builds character." - Colossus, Deadpool   

" - Colossus, Deadpool   

Issue #17 "Super Cute Jesus"

Keegan's POV

I nearly flew down the hall and to the room where I slept in whenever I visited Dad at his house to at least put decent clothes on.

My legs hurt, my fingers felt like they were crushed by an anvil and my skin felt ablaze. The hairs on my arm were perpetually standing up straight, all in line like little soldiers.

I could've stayed in my room – that room – with its steely looking walls and bland pictures of fruit on the wall (it wasn't even as messy as my real room, which just made it feel less like home) and the smaller bed that looked like it was crazy glued to the wall nearest to the window with the view of the backyard. Near the sea.

You'd think it would have been calming. But all I heard were waves crashing against the sand, destroying castles that were built there earlier.

The sun had been down for a while now, but the curtains were still open. I could see the moon peaking overhead, but no stars. Just a black, slightly off dark blue abyss.

I knew if I stayed in my room, I'd be found and I'd have to talk about my feelings and to be quite frank, screw my feelings. Or any feelings at the moment. And friends. And boys. And anyone who had anything to with making them. Looking at you, God.

I threw on a jacket. The night would be cold, but I could not stay in this house. Not with all these people that were beginning to pile in here like bees in a small room filled with daisies.

My father made a nice living as an Advisor to the Mayor – on Finances, ironically – and Molly was Chief of Police. Their house was sizable, in a gated community and could fit my house inside of its kitchen, but it was about to potentially become the beacon for the heroes to come and discuss strategy after The Destruction of Downtown (what they are officially calling it, according to the talking head on the TV).

I slinked out of the room and tiptoed passed my Dad's room where I left Traitor One, Two and Three all huddled in. I didn't stop to see what they might have been talking about. I just went pass, descended my staircase as Caroline, Racer and the others were coming up, looking pretty worn out.