CHAPTER 30

AUTHOR POV

"I'm feeling so hot..." Jungkook mumbled, fanning himself with his hand.

"The air conditioner is on full, Jungkook. And yet you're feeling hot?" Y/N questioned, puzzled by his statement. It was chilly inside the room, so she couldn't understand why he would feel warm. Concerned, she wondered if he might be coming down with a fever.

"Are you okay, Jungkook? Do you have a fever?" Y/N asked, her voice filled with worry. She approached him, placing her hand gently on his forehead and neck to check his temperature. To her relief, his skin felt normal, but she couldn't understand why he felt hot.

"Did I say hot?... I mean, I said I was cold. You must have misheard me, Y/N," Jungkook quickly corrected himself, causing Y/N to look at him with confusion. She was certain she had heard him say he was feeling hot, but now he claimed to be cold. Perhaps she had misunderstood.

"Well, if you're feeling cold, I can lower the cooling for you. It might help you feel better," Y/N suggested, ready to adjust the temperature. However, before she could make any changes, Jungkook said something that made her freeze in place.

"I'm actually fine, but it would be even better if you sat close to me," he said, his words hanging in the air. Y/N's cheeks flushed a deep shade of red as she tried to comprehend his request.

"I mean, you're warm, and if you sit beside me, we can share our warmth... And I noticed you seem to be feeling cold, so if we both sit close, we can keep each other warm," Jungkook clarified, his voice slightly hesitant.

Y/N's mind raced with conflicting thoughts and emotions. Being in such close proximity to Jungkook made her heart flutter, but she also felt uncertain.

However, she couldn't deny that offering warmth to someone in need was a simple act of kindness. Drawing from her childhood memories of cuddling with her father to keep warm, she reasoned that sitting close to Jungkook wouldn't be a big deal.

Y/n cautiously positioned herself closer to Jungkook, maintaining a slight distance between them. However, just as she was about to shift away slightly, he surprised her by pulling her into his arms, wrapping them securely around her shoulders.

"In this way, I can feel you better," his voice reverberated in the air as they settled back into the movie and she couldn't counter a word to him.

Y/N realized that the movie had been paused during their conversation, adding to the surreal atmosphere between them.

As the movie resumed, She found herself perplexed by the earlier scene. The idea of a married couple taking a bath together seemed foreign and even sinful to her.

Her mind wandered to uncomfortable thoughts as she recalled the movie scene unfolding.

'If not for the maid's presence, the prince would have gone higher to touch the...' her thoughts trailed off, her inner voice scolding her for even considering such a notion.

She quickly reprimanded herself, reminding herself that thinking about a male touching a female body was sinful and went against her beliefs. Determined to maintain her moral values, she firmly told herself,

'No, please don't think something you can't digest, Y/N. It is a sin, and you should not entertain such thoughts.'

With that, she refocused her attention on the screen, determined to shake off any lingering inappropriate ideas.

Thoughts of herself in a similar situation with her husband made her feel uncomfortable as if she were crossing a line.

'Oh god, I feel like a sinner for thinking that'