I suck in a big breath and shudder out.

"He's going to make me crazy." My hands cover my face as I begin to roll side to side on the mattress.

I might beat him to the punch and jump him.

Stopping, I stare at the ceiling, trying to calm my one vital organ that has seemed to run marathons more than ever in these last couples of days.

I sit up.

He makes every day worth it.

Noah POV

I'm trying to push it down.

We take a seat at our usual seats with our plates in hand.

Eliana licks her lips and picks up her fork, ready to dig in as always. I disappear when she has something delicious in front of her.

I'd love to fatten her up even more. When I first saw her, the only curves she had were the ones where her bones would stick out her side, not bony but not healthy. Now, she's filling out, this is how she wanted to be eating.

I clench my fist at my side and turn to my own food.

Her old pack will never see her again. Not well I'm around. I won't let anyone I love, be taken from me again. I couldn't trust anyone but myself with protecting her personally.

I'd hate to see one of my soldiers too close with her and I would worry too much. I need to do this myself. I don't want her to be alone outside of this house.

She down a quarter of her plate as I glance over and shake my head, taking a bite of my own omelette.

It's hard to not hold back when she's eating. I just want to watch her and she'd probably hate me if I interrupted her breakfast.

"Don't choke, the eggs aren't going anywhere." I say, putting my fork on the table and patting her back. She nods, as her tongue flicks out to pick up a piece of egg stuck on the corner of her lips.

I take a small breath. She doesn't even know how tempting she is. I love that.

Her spoon sits crooked. I reach over and adjust it parallel to her dish. Better. Sitting back, I focus on my own food.

The warm egg, made with milk, and a hint of spices, coats my mouth as I chew. It's alright I guess.

Glancing over at Eliana, I flinch. She sits staring at me.

"What?" I say, swallowing down the bite. She shakes her head.

"You had to fix the spoon?" She smirks, scooping another bite. I scoff. I guess she does see me when she's absorbed in her meal.

"It was annoying me." I shrug.

"That was cute." She whispers. I freeze.

Cute? I'm cute now.

"Cute?" I furrow my eyebrows at her and she nods.

"It was adorable." She adds, continuing to eat.

Calling an Alpha cute, is like calling a baby handsome. Something about it is just off.

She glances at me with a confused expression on. She's not even kidding. Laughter leaves me softly as I shake my head. I'll take it.

"What's funny?" She asks, scraping the last bit of her eggs into her mouth.

"You." I slide over my meal and her eyes brighten.

I knew she would want it. Maybe, I shouldn't spoil her too much.

"What did I do?"

"I-

Come to your office now. It's urgent.

What happened?

Just hurry.

I get up, abruptly as Eliana flinches back. I lean down, putting a hand on her cheek.

"Finish up eating. I'm needed in my office, I'll see you later." My touch lingers on her skin as she nods and I stand straight, trying not to look like I'm running off.

I round the corner out of sight and begin power walking, each step taking me twice the distance one would've.

Kai waits for me outside the door, leaning on the wall. His eyes meet mine as I stop next to him.

"Let's go inside." He says, slipping pass me and into the room. I follow close behind him.

A stronger strange scent comes from my desk. Kai walks up to beside it and his gaze points to a note on it.

"What is this?" I've never smelled anything like this, it's so... confusing.

My wolf begs me to plug my nostrils, but I ignore him, looking down at the scribble on the piece of paper.

You won't be able to ignore us for long. Secrets are meant to be revealed.

I take a deep breath and try to calm my increasingly raging emotions in check. It's like they're trying to make me want to hunt them down and kill every last on of their pack members.

"You think this is from them?" I ask, sniffing the air around the small sheet

It only smells like them a little.

"Who else?" Kai sighs, crossing his arms.

"I'm going to end up losing my temper with these wolves. I can feel it, I'm already too close to storming back into their home and fucking them all up." I growl, clenching my fist, listening to the paper crumble in my hands.

"This is their second present to us, and I'm sure they aren't that fat man the humans worship. They want Eliana back for some reason and what do they mean secrets?" He asks, and I look back at the note.

The contents of the actual note slipped my mind because of anger.

"There might be more to this than we thought." I say, throwing the note on to my desk.

"Eliana could be kidnapped any day now. We don't know when her old pack is going to strike. Or what they have up their shelve." Kai continues.

I put my hands against the desk and let my weight push on to them as I lean.

This is why I have sleepless nights. I can't let them lay a hand on he-

The door creaks as a quiet gasp comes from the other side of it.

Honey blossoms linger on the door knob as I reach it, throwing the wood out of my way as I see thick black hair round the corner.

Shit.  
_______________________________________
6.76k ~ 5/24/20

Thanks for the support!

Update the 26th.

Stay safe guys.

XO.