Chapter 4: Kill the Ancient Piece

A/N: Sorry for taking so long to make this chapter. I hope you enjoy it, though!

"So, this temple... what is it?" Ezio asked Jeanne.

"Well, it's ancient ruins that were once used by a foreign man," Jeanne answered as they approached the abandoned temple. "From what I read, a French man once lived here to guard something, and that something should be the weapon we're looking for."

"So, if it's not a teigu, then what is it?" Lubbock asked in confusion.

"It's hard to explain, but it's an ancient and powerful weapon made by supernatural beings."

Once they entered the temple, it was dark inside. It was pitch black, and the only light that was present came from the entrance. This wouldn't be a problem for the assassins if they were after a loving target and not an object.

"Yeah, I expected this," Jeanne said as she takes out a rag from her jacket pocket. She picks up a wet stick where she wraps one end of it with the rag. She looks at Najenda. "Light it up for me."

Najenda nodded and took out a lighter former her pocket before lighting the rag on fire, lighting up their surrounding area. Jeanne held the torch in her hand as she leads the way. The assassins followed the revolutionary leader, walking over old and worn-out books and torn off sheets of paper. Ezio picked up a sheet and saw it was all written in French.

As they walked further, the torch lights up what was in front of them and saw an old skeleton in front of them, sitting on a large stone chair. It is wearing a dirtied-white cloak. Ezio recognized the cloak immediately by the design of its hood.

"An assassin," Ezio spoke suddenly as everyone turned to him.

"What do you mean?" Mine asked curiously.

"He must be apart of a brotherhood or creed from France," the hooded assassin went closer towards the skeleton and pulled the sleeve up of the skeleton's right arm, only to find a hidden blade equipped on its wrist. He also noticed that the skeleton's middle finger was cut off. "Definitely an assassin."

Jeanne snapped her fingers from her free hand and smiled at Ezio. "Great! Then that means there's a secret door where the weapon should be," the revolution leader said excitedly. "Ezio, use that sixth-sense-thing to find a secret door!"

The hooded assassin looked back at her and nodded. He blinked as everywhere around him became an ocean blue colour. After looking around his surroundings for any clues, he finds a glowing yellow rectangle on the wall behind. He blinks once more as his sight went back to normal. He approached the wall and looked at the stone brick that had a golden yellow glow before. He puts two fingers on it before pushing it, feeling the piece of the stone push into the wall.

The room starts to rumble, like a small earthquake as everyone was looking around in surprise. Everyone, except Ezio and Jeanne, has their weapons ready for any attacks. The rumbling then stopped as nothing happened.

Ezio was confused until he heard stone moving from behind him. He turned around and saw the back of the large stone chair open a perfect vertical rectangle, revealing what seems to be a sword in a leather sheath. Ezio walked up to the mysterious weapon and pulled it out from the chair.

Jeanne immediately went to the hooded man's side and looked at the sheathed sword he held. "This must be it."

Ezio pulled the hilt out of the leather sheath, revealing the golden blade. He looks at the sword in surprise. "The Sword of Eden..." he turns to Jeanne. "How do you know about this?"

Jeanne takes the sword from Ezio before putting it back into its sheath. "I'll tell you later, right now, we must bring it back to headquarters safely."

"Well, well, well, looks like we found some adventurers~," laughed the voice of a man.

The assassins turned to the entrance to see a large group of bandits holding torches and weapons.

"Alright, if you wanna leave here alive, give up what ya got~ unless you wanna keep ya things and give your women to us~," chuckled one of the bandits.

Jeanne sighed and giggled softly. "Alright, Night Raid... bury these poor souls."

Later, in the Capital

Tatsumi was wandering around the capital, wearing his white traditional assassin jacket over his slim purple hoodie and a black base layer shirt. He should be wearing the imperial officer uniform he was provided with, but it's not like he's on duty or anything.

"I'm surprised General Jibaku gave me a break," Tatsumi talked to himself. "Did Esdeath convince him too? No, no, no—if she did, I'd be with her right now with no chance of escape."

The young man sighed as he looks around the streets of the Capital, everything seeming familiar, despite knowing the dark truth behind this godforsaken country. He wondered if he should've taken Akame along, or maybe even ask Wave. He's been getting along with the dark blue-haired Jaeger member since they are both quite similar.

"Man, I'm booored~," Tatsumi groaners as he continued walking down the street, passing by the many shops and buildings. He chuckled before smiling and then turned his head to his side. "Hey, Ezio, how about you teach me that sixth-sense thing you do—"

He stopped walking and looked at a brick wall that had a wanted poster of the hooded assassin and the other members of Night Raid. His smile falters.

"Oh yeah... I forgot..." Tatsumi sighed in a sad realization.

"Excuse me, young man?" Asked a foreign woman's voice next to Tatsumi.

The young brunette jumped from the voice and turned to look at the woman next to him. The woman before her is a real beauty. She has dark brunette halo braided hair, hazel eyes and pale ivory skin. She wore a rosewood cloak over her red and white short dress. He blushes madly at the woman's beauty.

"Y-Yes?" Tatsumi stammered nervously.

"Are you familiar with this town?" The woman asked.

Well, I had to during my time being an assassin. Tatsumi thought in his head. He looked at the woman and smiled. "Yes, I do! I'm Tatsumi, what's yours?"

The woman giggled softly before answering. "Claudia Audito..." the woman stopped and cleared her throat. "My name is Claudia."