Chapter 6: Kill Your Romantic Feelings

A/N: I'll be putting this story on hold and maybe write up Akame ga Creed! Zero to make some sense of Ezio's past interactions with Akame and their time together. I also apologize for not posting any chapters for so long. Sorry if the writing's a bit sloppy; I usually write my chapters past midnight.

"Mine, can I talk to you about something?" asked Tatsumi as he stood before Mine, who was in the middle of polishing her Pumpkin on the steps of the Night Raid hideout.

The two were outside of the base. It was a bright, sunny day with clear blue skies—a perfect day for training.

"Hmm?" Mine looked at Tatsumi and tilted her head at him. "Sure, what is it?"

Tatsumi let out a nervous chuckle as he looked over at Ezio and Akame sparring, as well as Lubbock struggling to do push-ups with Leone sitting on top of him. He turns his gaze back to the pink-haired girl.

"In private?" He requested with an embarrassed smile.

Mine sighed before standing up from her chair and leaving Pumpkin leaning against it.

Mine followed Tatsumi not too far away from the base but out of sight from any of the members. He turned around and faced her. He looked severe, something Mine found attractive about him.

Mine blushes softly as she felt Tatsumi's eyes on him. "W-What are you looking at it?" She asked hesitantly.

"I like you, Mine," Tatsumi said subtly.

Mine eyes widened as her face became completely red. She felt like smoke was coming out of her head as if her motor functions stopped functioning from hearing the sudden confession.

"W-What?" Mine asked, slightly dazed.

Tatsumi blushed as well, gulping as he walked up to her and grabbed her hands. "I-I said I like you!"

Mines face became even redder than it already was. "I-" she was lost in Tatsumi's gaze until she finally built up the courage to respond. "I-I like you too!"

Tatsumi smiled widely and hugged Mine. Mine slowly smiled as well as she wrapped her arms around him.

"Once this is all over, and we survive," Tatsumi continued but was then interrupted by Mine.

"Yes, yes, I'll marry you..."

~~~

"Mine," Jeanne says, slamming her desk to bring Mine back to reality. She was back in the present. She must've been daydreaming again.

Mine shook her head and bowed apologetically before lifting it back up. "I'm sorry, ma'am, what is my mission again?"

"Your mission is to assassinate Tatsumi," Jeanne answered.

Mine looks down at the floor, sad to hear that she has to kill the boy she loves. She never thought this day would come until Tatsumi abandoned the revolution, taking Akame with him as well.

Jeanne sighed softly and looked at Mine with sympathy. "I heard about your relationship with him from Najenda," she said. "If you can't do it, I'll assign someone else to do it."

"No, no, I can do it," Mine insisted. She had a serious look on her face now, keeping her personal feelings away from work.

"Alright then, but just in case, Lubbock will join you," Jeanne dismisses Mine to leave the room.

As Mine left the room, she saw Lubbock waiting outside for her. He looks over at her with a sad smile. "Ready?"

"We're doing this now?" Mine asked.

Lubbock nodded in response. "Tatsumi will be a problem for our next target," he explained. "The last thing we want is the two in the same room together."

As they walked down the hall and out of the building, Mine asked Lubbock.

"Do you think he'll fight back?" Mine asked, catching Lubbock's attention. "If he does... will he hesitate?"

"Then it's better if we don't hesitate, right?" Lubbock chuckled softly.

"Where's Ezio?"

"Must be with that Italian woman right now," Lubbock said as he had a perverted smile on his face. "Man~, she has big tits~."

"That's Ezio's sister, you idiot!" Mine punches Lubbock's shoulder as he yelped in pain.

~~~

"Mine..." Tatsumi said under his breath as he looks over the Capital's city from the palace's balcony.

"Young Tatsumi," said the voice of the Prime Minister.

Tatsumi turned around to look at the Prime Minister sitting at a table. The fat tyrant is devouring a steak while his cocky bastard of a son, Syura, is leaned back in his seat across from Prime Minister Honest.

They're both disgusting. Tatsumi thought to himself, but for Syura, his disgust for him was far greater than his thoughts of the Prime Minister's sloppy dining manners.

"Why did you call me here, Prime Minister?" Tatsumi questioned the fat tyrant.

"Oh, you act more like General Jibaku; that's too bad," Syura pouts as he stands up from his seat. "And I was the one that called you here," he smirked as he pointed at himself.

Tatsumi raised a brow at him. "Then why?"

"Can't I get to know the recruits?" Syura asked with a hysterical tone. "I tried to get close to that red-eyed cutie, but Jibaku keeps getting in my way." He sighed.

Tatsumi glared at Syura, the prime minister's son noticing the glare as he smirks widely.

"I can already tell you're going to be a fun guy to hang around," Syura walks up to Tatsumi, going behind him before wrapping his arm around him. "Let's go for drinks. The best way to become friends is with a bottle of rum!"

Tatsumi wondered what the bastard son had planned for him. But he can't deny his request. With the Prime Minister before him, he might order his death if he ever tried harming his son.

Tatsumi sighed before nodding at Syura. "Fine..."

"That's the spirit!" Syura laughed as he slapped Tatsumi's back. "We could go to the royal wine cellar, but I think we should go to a bar; my mates are there, as well as some undercover rebels in the theatre next to it."

When they arrived at the bar Syura talked about, Tatsumi saw a group of five people. One of them was a little girl, a bunny girl, a clown, a samurai-looking man, and a black-haired man whose face is something Tatsumi despised.

"Tatsumi, meet Wild Hunt! The secret police to fix the Jaegers failures!" Syura pushed Tatsumi towards the group to allow the members to introduce themselves properly.

While the Empire's secret police and Tatsumi were in the bar, the Revolutionary army's task force is in the theatre next to them.

Jack Stone, along with Phantom, Lincoln Daniels, and Mika Hachi, had the revolutionary spies evacuated out of the building.

"Is that all of them?" Jack asked Lincoln and Mika as the two teens saluted.

"Yes, sir!" The young subordinates answered.

"Well then..." Jack looked over at the hooded assassin, Ezio, who sat on the stage. "What you want us to do?"

"Take your team outside of the theatre, make sure no Imperial guards come four blocks near this area," Ezio ordered.

Jack nodded in response before he and his team left the building.

Ezio used his sixth sense to see through the bar, and he saw seven people inside; Tatsumi is one of them.

He looked at the window that was above the door but close to the ceiling. "Be ready, Mine."

As he said that, Mine was in a clock tower, five miles away from Ezio's location. She had her Pumpkin with her as she looked through the scope.

"I thought we weren't supposed to have the two together, " Mine sighed as she looked through her scope. "Please don't make this more complicated than it already is, Tatsumi."