Chapter 1: Kill the Guilt

A/N: Here it is—the first chapter of season 2. Enjoy.

Akame's POV

"I want you both on your best behaviour."

"Yes, sir." I hear Tatsumi say.

I stayed silent the entire time as I walked beside the tall-armoured samurai. I wonder if I made the right choice. I chose to join them to save the others from harm's way, but I feel like I betrayed them. No. I did betray them.

"Akame." I look up to my side to see General Jibaku looking down at me. "Are you listening?" I nodded as a response. "Good."

We walked into the throne room and kept walking until we were in front of the throne the emperor is sitting on. General Jibaku kneels as Tatsumi did as well. I had no choice but to kneel as well. I look up to see the emperor's shocked expression seeing me. I look back down at the floor.

"Y-You caught Akame?" The emperor asked in disbelief.

"Not caught, your majesty," General Jibaku corrected. "Recruited."

"You were able to recruit Akame?" The emperor was still in disbelief. "And who's the other one?"

"Tatsumi. He is the one who wears the Incursio armour," General Jibaku answered.

"How do you know they aren't here to take us down from the inside?" The child emperor asked.

"I made a deal with them," the General answered. "I'm sure they won't be able to betray us."

The emperor was still unsure but sighed in defeat. There's no point in arguing further. "I trust you, general."

I look up to see the emperor. I looked closer to see the prime minister creeping in the shadows behind the throne. I could kill him right now, but the only person who can stop me is General Jibaku, and who knows if Tatsumi will try and intervene. So I stayed in position. I look up behind the throne to see the prime minister grim at me in amusement. I clenched my hand into a fist.

Later

"I must reintroduce you to the Jaegars if you both don't mind," General Jibaku says to Tatsumi as he walks up to a door.

"Actually..." Before Tatsumi can protest, Jibaku has already opened the door. Tatsumi sighed to himself and followed Jibaku inside. I was contemplating if I should follow or stay outside. I made up my find and walked into the room.

When we entered the room, the Jaegars fixed their attention on us. Esdeath especially had her focus on Tatsumi as her eyes lit up, and her cheeks blushed.

"Tatsumi?"

"Shit..." Tatsumi mutters. Esdeath walked up to him and braced him in her arms tightly, Tatsumi's head pulled into her cleavage.

"So you haven't heard the news," General Jibaku states while Esdeath was too busy hugging Tatsumi like a child with her stuffed animal until Run steps in to stop her.

"No, we haven't, General," Run says as he bowed to Jibaku. "Can you explain why you have Akame with you?"

"I've convinced them to join us," Jibaku answers. "Don't worry, Run. They're under MY will."

I saw Kurome, who was sitting next to the blue boy I fought from last night's mission. She looks at me in shock and wonder. Jibaku looked at us both. "You two know each other?" He asked. Kurome's shock expression changed into a smile.

"Of course," she answers. "We are sisters, after all."

"Interesting." I hear Jibaku mutter. "Well, I must leave for some unfinished work."