Chapter 3: Kill the Memories

A/N: I know I promised to post this chapter a month ago, but I got caught up with some other stuff IRL. I hope you enjoy this chapter, vote the chapter and give me a follow!

Four Years Ago

"Hey, Occhi Rossi," Red eyes. Said Ezio. He went up to the roof of a building to find a thirteen-year-old Akame sitting by herself. She was making munching sounds, like teeth chewing on flesh. Ezio sighed and walked up to the young girl before sitting down next to her. He looked at her and saw her chewing on a pork chop he cooked for the team half-an-hour ago.

"You don't normally eat alone." chuckled the hooded assassin.

Akame finished the pork chop, leaving no meat on the bone before tossing it off the roof. Akame holds her legs against her torso in a fetal position. "Are we the good guys?"

Ezio raised a brow at the young teen. "What do you mean?"

"What I'm doing... no, what we're doing for the Empire," she explains. "Is it for the greater good? Are we doing the right thing?" The red-eyed girl looked at the Italian man with conflicted and innocent eyes.

Ezio didn't expect to hear a thirteen-year-old girl to have an identity/morality crisis. He knew the truth about the Empire: that the top officials are corrupt scum and their soldiers are used as expendable pawns. But he honestly doesn't give a damn about what this country does as long as Templars and Pieces of Eden weren't involved. He looked at Akame, her eyes staring into his soul, begging for an answer.

The assassin suddenly places his hand on top of Akame's raven hair. She looked at him with confusion until he spoke.

"It doesn't matter who's good and who's evil," Ezio answers. "What matters is what you do is right."

Akame's eyes brightened from Ezio's words as the sunlight reflects from her pupils.

"What do you think I should do?" Akame asked.

Ezio sighed, scratching his head. "It doesn't matter what I think," he answered with a smile as he pats her head. "If you believe what you're doing is the right thing to do than go on with it."

~~~

Present Time

Akame opened her eyes. She was lying down on a bed. She fluttered her eyes and turned her head to see her little sister, Kurome, sleeping next to her. Kurome's arms wrapped around her. The red-eyed girl couldn't help but smile at her cute sister.

Someone knocked at the door of the bedroom. Akame heard the knocking and got out of Kurome's hug before getting up from the bed. She walked towards the door and opened it, only to see Wave there.

"Yo, Akame," the tall blue-haired boy smiled at the red-eyed assassin. "Is Kurome here?"

"She's still asleep," Akame answered. "Is there something you need from her?"

Wave nodded in response. "Yeah, it's urgent," he answered. "Can you tell her to meet me in the Capital at our usual spot?"

Akame tilted her head, confused by Wave's request. "Usual spot?" She asked.

Wave's face immediately blushes red as he waves his hands in protest. "I-It's not what you think!" he stammers. "I-It's just talking!"

Akame scratched her head, still confused. "What did you mean by 'it's not what you think?'"

"N-Nothing!" Wave stuttered, turning his back on Akame before walking away. "S-See you around!"

Akame turned to look at Kurome, still in bed as the morning sunlight shines over her from the windows. Jibaku insisted on having both Akame and Tatsumi live in his manor. She felt trapped here, not allowed to leave the property without permission from the general. Kurome started to wake up from her sleep as Akame approaches her sister.

Kurome sat up on the bed and saw Akame approach her, smiling at her. "Hey, big sister."

Akame smiled back at her. "Sleep well?"

The sixteen-year-old nodded in response. "I must give my thanks to General Jibaku for letting me stay for the night."

"I think he'll like that," Akame replied. She honestly felt a bit distrustful with Jibaku, since everything about the black general is a mystery. "Oh, and Wave arrived not too long ago. He wanted me to tell you to meet him at the 'usual spot' in the Capital."

"Oh, ok," Kurome got out of bed and changed out of her sleeping clothes and into her black uniform. "See you soon, big sister."

Akame waved goodbye to Kurome before she left the room. The red-eyed girl sighed to herself, remembering she too is also still in her sleep-wear; she decides to change into her uniform as well.

~~~

General Jibaku called had one of his maids bring Akame and Tatsumi to the dining room to have breakfast. For some reason, General Jibaku didn't come.

Tatsumi sat down at the long dining table as Akane sat from across him. The maids and butlers offered them several choices of food to have for breakfast.

As Akame and Tatsumi ate their desired meals, she looks at the brunette boy in front of her.

"Tatsumi?"

"Hmm?" Tatsumi responds as he ate the bowl of rice.

"What made you want to join the Empire?" Akane asked.

"Same reason you did," Tatsumi answered, finishing the bowl he ate. "Jibaku threatened he'd kill our friends on the spot if we don't."

"But why did you want me to join with you?"

Tatsumi stopped himself from eating more and looked at the red-eyed girl. "Well, this may sound strange," he scratches the back of his head. "General Jibaku wanted me to convince you to join."

"Why would he want me?"

Tatsumi shrugged. "I don't really know to be honest—maybe because you're strong."

Akame thought that couldn't be it. The Imperial Army already has Bols, Esdeath, and Jibaku.

"I talked to some of the servants of the manor about Jibaku," Tatsumi continued. "They all say he's a good man. It doesn't really seem like he is to me, though... he's really been unforgiving during training."

Akame sighed and remembered the room with the two guards. Jibaku came out from there and didn't seem to want anyone else inside. He said that wasn't his office, so what is it?

Later

Ezio and his group were walking through a jungle. Jeanne is leading the group as the hooded assassin followed her from behind.

"So this is it?" Ezio asked, looking up at an ancient-looking temple covered in moss, vines and other green life growing from it.

The revolution leader nodded at the assassin. "This is where it is... the sword that will bring the Imperial Army to their knees."