Chapter 2: Kill the Grief

A/N: Sorry for the late update. Here's chapter two. Enjoy.

"CHELSEA!" Ezio shouted before waking up.

He was lying down in a soft bed in a room as he sat up to rub his eyes. He sighs as he got out of the bed. Ever since Chelsea's death, he's been having a difficult time sleeping. He looked towards the window and saw the night sky.

"Still the middle of the night," Ezio muttered as he scratches his head. He turned away from the window and walked towards the door. When he opened it, he saw Jeanne, who looked like she was about to knock.

"I heard you scream," She said, showing concern for him. "Are you ok?"

Ezio sighed and nodded. "It's nothing," He leans on the door frame. "Is that all or is there something else you want?"

Jeanne giggles softly. "What else would I want from you?" She asked with a smirk on her face.

"I would say sexual favours, but you're too attractive to be that kind of gal." Ezio chuckles softly.

"Flirting with your superior now, huh?~"

"I'm not the type to simply kneel for anyone."

"You don't say," Jeanne smirks at him. "Good night, Ezio." She says before walking off.

Ezio watched her walk away before he closed his door. "Ok... let's try to stay asleep this time."

The Next Morning, in the Capital

"AAAAHHHH!!!" Tatsumi screams as he swings his wooden sword at General Jibaku. General Jibaku continued blocking the attacks with his wooden. After a few swings that Tatsumi gave to Jibaku, the general found an opening and slammed the hilt of his sword onto Tatsumi's head, causing the young man to fall to the ground face-first.

"You focus too much on your offence," Jibaku says to him. "Keep your attack and defence balanced, or you'll get killed."

Akame was watching the two sparrings. Jibaku made her realize how strong he truly is. Not just from the sparring, but the general's aura is exceedingly powerful.

"Something wrong, sister?" Kurome asked the ex-assassin from behind her.

Akame turned her head to see her sister staring at her with a smile. "It's nothing." She answered. Kurome came and stood by her sister's side.

"General Jibaku is amazing, isn't he?" Kurome looks up at her sister. Akame did not respond as she continued to watch the general train Tatsumi.

"I'm gonna give you an opening, but you must figure out where that opening is," Jibaku tells Tatsumi.

How? Even if there was one, you're just going to kick my ass! Tatsumi sighed and readied his wooden sword. He tried to examine any openings, but Jibaku immediately rushed at him, swinging his blade down into him until Tatsumi immediately blocks the sword. Tatsumi uses this chance to kick at Jibaku's stomach. Jibaku was unaffected by his attack.

"Good..." the general says suddenly as he pulls the wooden sword away from Tatsumi's. "your sword isn't your only weapon, but you need to put more power into your kick."

"Well, you're the one wearing armour..." Tatsumi pouted a bit. He saw the general turn around and start walking back into the sizeable mansion-like building.

"Get some rest," Jibaku says as he walks up to the door. "I've kept you training for hours." He went inside the building, making Tatsumi and the sisters lose sight of him.

Tatsumi scratches his head before walking up to Akame and Kurome. "Do you think, General Jibaku's been a bit odd lately?" He asked Kurome.

Kurome shrugged her shoulders at Tatsumi. "You've been his apprentice for four days," she answers. "But it does seem he's been going easy on you today."

Akame looked at the mansion and decided to walk towards it.

When Akame came inside, she wasn't surprised by how large the building was from the inside. Akame went up to the third floor of the building until she walked upon two men in heavy armour, guarding a door. The red-eyed girl approached the two men, but Jibaku came out of the room. The general turned his head and looked at Akame.

"Is there something you need?" Jibaku questioned her.

Akame shook her head. "No, sir. I was just curious on why you ended Tatsumi's training early."

The general sighed and adjusted the mask on his face. "I just needed to finish writing some paperwork, give General Bols and General Esdeath daily reports."

It sounds like work... but for some reason, I feel like it's just three friends sending letters to each other, Akame thought to herself. That can't be true... maybe it is... I blame Ezio for my way of thinking when it comes to things that aren't combat-related.

"Is there anything else you need, Akame?" Jibaku asked. Akame answers by shaking her head no.

"Then I'll be in my office if you need anything." He said to her before walking away.

"Was that not your office?" Akame asked curiously, looking at the door the two guards were standing at. Jibaku stops and turned to look at Akame, then at the door before looking back at the red-eyes girl.

"No... and no one is allowed in that room." He warns before turning away from her and walking away.

Akame looked at the door and the two guards who looked back at her. She would just go in after killing the guards, but since she rejoined the empire and is in Jibaku's home-it's probably not the best idea to do so. Akame ended up leaving the building to go back to Tatsumi and Kurome, only to see Kurome sitting on Tatsumi while he did his push-ups.

Back at the Revolutionary Base

Ezio and Najenda were in charge of getting the horses to move while Leone, Lubbock, Mine and Susanoo were in the wagon.

"So, what's this mission Jeanne assigned us?" Ezio asked Najenda.

"She'll be telling us on our way there." Najenda answers.

"What do you mean by-"

"Hey, you two!" Shouted the rebellion leader as Ezio and Najenda turn to see the brunette woman walk up to them. "Thanks for waiting."

"Well, you're the leader, we're supposed to wait." Ezio chuckled.

Jeanne rolled her eyes at him and hopped into the wagon. Ezio checked off everyone who was here before getting the horses to starts moving.

"So, Miss Leader, where are we going?" Leone asked.

"Yeah," Mine agrees with the busty woman. "And more importantly, what's the mission?"

Jeanne looked at the assassins and smiled. "I'll navigate Ezio and Najenda to the location, and the mission isn't an assassination one-more like a treasure hunt or something."

"Treasure hunt?" Lubbock asked in confusion.

"Instead of gold and jewels, it's a weapon," Jeanne stated.

"Is it a teigu?" Najenda asked in curiosity.

Jeanne shook her head. "Let's just say that it's stronger than any teigu we've encountered."