Invested

The next morning Aang and Zuko took off to the ruins of the sun warriors as everyone else continued the day not knowing when the boys would come back but hopefully it wouldn't be to long.

Katara was in deep thought as she was giving momo a bath while the others were exploring. She bit the inside of her cheek washing behind the lemurs ears thinking about the night before. She didn't know what she was thinking with him, she wasn't thinking at all. Forgetting everything that zukos done, forgetting the fire nation, she forgot about the war. She stopped thinking it felt like.

Kataras arm was around his neck as he pulled at her closer, her waist, her legs. She lead him to her room as he blushed darkly when she closed her door behind her. He smirked a little pressing her against the wall slowly, he looked at her softly before leaning down to brush their lips together, holding the side of his neck with one hand while both of his held her hips. Katara pulled him close to deepen the kiss.

"Kat.." he whispered against her lips as he was lost against her. They slowed their kiss as Zuko took a moment looking down at Katara flushed face. She gulped catching her breath but smiled nodding.

She pulled him back and kissed his lips softly, soon turning it faster and deeper and more heated as she drew her hands up to his hair and he pulled her hips to his.

"I don't know what I'm doing," Katara inhaled deeply.

Zuko stopped for her, they looked at each other wide eyes realizing what was happening, he let go. Watching her walk to her bed as he rubbed the back of his head standing against the wall.

"Sorry," he mumbled. Katara looked back at him and offered her hand out to him, Zuko didn't move so she patted the spot next to her on her bed.

Zuko stepped over and sat with her.

"I like you Zuko, a lot more than I thought, a-and Aang was my first kiss, at the eclipse," she sighed looking down.

"Really?" Zuko looked at her surprised.

"I don't want our friendship ruined," she gulped a little. Zuko touched her hand gently as their pinkies hooked.

"I like you too," he pursed his lips.

"You're really beautiful," Zuko looked at her softly, Katara glanced up at him with a small smile, she's not given many compliment it was weird to hear it.

"I don't really know what to say in these kind of situations, but i know I like being around you kat," he brushed her hair away from her face as they locked eyes. "You're nice, you make me feel nice, I like the way I feel around you,"

They leaned to each other again as Zuko caught her lips again, Katara leaned closer as he pulled her close as they slowly laid down on the bed. Katara sat on top of him as she carded her hands through his hair, she loved his hair like this, her fingers trailing down against his scar as she felt him inhale deeply, before he slowly leaned towards her touch.

They had no idea what they were doing, but Zuko knew he wanted to feel like this, he loved being touched like this, like someone cared about him. He wanted someone to care about him, he wanted her.

Katara looked down at him and gently kissed his scar as Zuko exhaled a shuttering breath.

"Has anyone ever touched you here?" Katara held his face gently. Her thumb brushing under his scarred eye.

"No, you've been the only one," Zuko looked up at her calmly.

"I like being around you too," she kissed his cheek gently as they intertwined their fingers together. She laid next to him as her head rested on his chest, Zuko held an arm around her body as they kept their hands together laying it on top of zukos stomach.

They stayed up late talking as they stayed close, Zuko played with her hair, they got up a few times, she tried teaching Zuko how to braid but he got flustered when his hands got tangled in her locks. Zuko told her some stories of when his life was simple and how ty lee taught him how to hold a hand stand, that he won many of the competitions that he played as a child. They held a hand stand competition as they both used the wall and Zuko stayed up for five minutes before Katara rolled on her back laughing when she lost.

They stayed up being teenagers as they laid on the ground together talking. Not caring how late it was.

"Momo!" Katara gasped when the lemur shook out his wet fur and chirped running off.

She groaned a little sitting at the ledge bending the water off of her.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Toph walked over with a small smirk.

"Where momo is going to go get dirty now," Katara huffed a little bending the water off her but azula walked past them minding her own business. Did they know?

"How was last night?" Toph teased feeling that Katara was getting nervous around azula.

"What was last night?" Azula raised a brow confused as she put her hair up.

"Nothing, what are you talking about toph?" Katara rolled her eyes with a scoff as she crossed her legs.

"What happened?" Azula could see she was getting defensive.

"Nothing!" Katara cried out.

"Your terrible at lying and we knew it was going to happen," Toph sat next to her but Katara stood up instead.

"What?" Azula crossed her arms.

"Zuko and Katara kissed," Toph shrugged with a smile.

"You kissed my brother?" Azula snapped her head towards her wide eyes.

"Oh my spirits Toph why would you say that!?" Katara covered her face embarrassed.

"You kissed my brother?!" Azulas jaw dropped as Katara hushed her before Sokka heard.

"Shut up shut up shut up please," Katara hissed covering her mouth as Toph looked satisfied.

"When, where, and why?" Azula slapped her hand away.

"It was one kiss, it wasn't anything," Katara harshly whispered at her and sent Toph a glare.

"I can tell your lying," she sang and azula growled a little.

"Tell me the truth, what are your intentions?" Azula grabbed her arm and twisted it back making Katara cry and fell to her knee.

"When and where?" She asked in a low tone.

"In the halls, last night," Katara growled back with a glare.

"Why?" Azula shook her head.

"He kissed me first technically, let go!" Katara yanked her arm back and stumbled against the floor.

"Katara I like you but I swear to Agni if you hurt him I will make sure-" "I like him okay!"

"I felt something for a moment back in ba sing si but now that I've gotten to know him I think Zuko is very charming and attractive, I like being around him," Katara laid on the ground blushing madly, she couldn't believe she was telling them this.

"You kissed the avatar," Azula stood over her frowning.

"I don't... I don't think I like Aang that way,
I'm really confused," Katara sprawled her arms out looking up at her.

"Well since you and Zuko had a whole sleepover I think you like him more," Toph said simply as Katara closed her eyes.

"But I don't wanna hurt aang," she sighed.

"Are you both forgetting we're in war?" Azula asked flatly.

"So what should I do? Cut it off now?" Katara sat up with wide eyes.

"How invested is Zuko?" Azula helped her off the ground.

"Invested?" Katara made a face.

"Never mind you both are hopeless anyways, just talk to him when he gets back," Azula told her annoyed a little.

"And if you hurt him," she pulled Katara by the shirt close. "I'll show you lightning," she hissed in her ear.