Daydreams

Aang bolted screaming as everyone gasped awake as Zuko was already awake with his knife in hand looking startled.

"What happened?!" Katara ran over as everyone looked at him.

"It's the nightmares, they keep getting worse," Aang rubbed his face frustratedly.

"Looks like it's time for another therapy session," Sokka smiled hopeful.

"No that won't help, nothing works, theres only one thing I can do, is to stay awake for the whole invasion," Aang said sternly as everyone knew this was a bad idea.

"Maybe get the sedatives..." Katara whispered to Zuko.

——

"Invasion, all aboard the invasion," Aang walked back and forth as Zuko and Katara were talking at the ledge of a cliff, Katara looked at her friend concerned.

"You sure you can't just lay down for a small nap?" She asked as Zuko had his arms still crossed looking at the two.

"I told you, I can't go back to sleep," Aang kept walking.

"I'm really worried, he's never been this bad," Katara sighed as Aang hid behind a large rock to listen.

"Do you think you can talk to him? I think Aang would listen to you," she turned to Zuko.

"Why me?" Zuko rolled his eyes a little.

"Well you don't sleep either, you have that in common," she teased a little. Aang narrowed his eyes at them suspiciously.

"I sleep," Zuko defended.

"How much?"

"Like four hours..."

"Yea, no, that's not healthy either Zuko, are you going to be okay for the invasion?" Katara asked setting her hand on his arm kindly.

Aangs eyes narrowed.

"Nothing I can't handle," Zuko brushed her hair out of her eyes. "You worry to much,"

"I'll always worry about you, I'm so lucky I found you Zuko, my prince," Katara smiled but gasped when Zuko held her waist and dipped her back as Kataras arms where wrapped around his shoulders, blushing madly.

Aang gasped when their faces got closer and closer while their eyes closed.

"Hey! Wait!" Aang jumped over the rock and when he saw them standing two feet apart from each other.

"You okay Aang?" Katara asked wide eyes.

"You-you were just- I..." Aang rubbed his eyes a little bewildered. It wasn't real.. it was an illusion...

"Whatcha guys talking about?" He asked awkwardly from his outburst.

"Zuko was going to go on a walk, I think you should join him," Katara smiled at him and Zuko sent her a glare.

"Oh... yea, that sounds great, can I talk to you for a second Katara?" Aang asked looking between them nervously.

"I'll meet you by shore, don't wait to long or I'm going without you," Zuko nodded walking away as he left them alone.

"You know you're not going to get any better exhausted," Katara sighed once Zuko was gone.

"I've never been better, I've realized things, big things," Aang looked over the ocean past the cliff.

"It's clear now, what really matters, why I'm doing this, why I feel this way," he kept his back to her as Katara still was concerned.

"I'm doing it to save the world, but I'm doing it more importantly for the people I love," Aang turned to Katara.

"I'm doing it for you Katara," he smiled softly walking up to her.

"Aang, what are you saying?" She breathed with wide eyes.

"I'm saying I don't want anyone else to be with you the way I do, not Zuko, not anyone, because I love you," Aang leaned in and kissed Katara gently but she kissed back for them to deepen it.

"What are we doing?" Katara smiled back at him.

"What our hearts have been telling us to do for a long time, baby, your my forever girl," Aang smirked as he looked up at Katara to kiss her again.

"Aang?"

"Huh?" He gasped looking behind him seeing Katara was further back than he thought.

"I was saying how you should take a nap after your walk," she said simply as aangs face turned bright red.

"Oh! I guess I kind of drifted off into a day dream," Aang rubbed his arm embarrassed.

"Oh, what was your dream about?" Katara asked with a small smile.

"Uhhh breathing underwater?" He tried playing it off.

"Sounds neat, have fun on your walk," Katara beamed brightly before walking away as Aang laughed backing away to go after Zuko.

"You're still here?" Aang asked confused seeing Zuko was sitting on a rock waiting.

"Yep, I'm just going down the beach," Zuko motioned to the side and Aang nodded to follow him.

"Let me guess your trying to get me to not be stressed either," Aang walked side by side with Zuko as his eyes was straight ahead.

"That's now how stress works, we all know it," Zuko said flatly.

"Are you stressed?" Aang asked.

"Yep,"

"Why?" Aang kept asking as he was curious if Zuko may be the closest one to understanding.

"Treason, imprisonment, invasion, facing my uncle, probably staying banished from my home," Zuko listed easily. "Why are you stressed?"

"Fate of the world, killing a man, invasion," Aang gulped looking down.

"Is killing ozai stressing you out that much?" Zuko stopped seeing Aang wasn't walking anymore.

"I know he's your dad but I just don't know if I can kill him, taking someone's life.." Aang trailed off as he fiddled with his hands.

"If it makes you feel any better, my father used my uncles sons death to get to the throne, corrupting tradition, in result of that he basically killed my grand father, and that's just one of the things he's done," Zuko inhaled deeply crossing his arms, he didn't like talking about it often, and he for sure wasn't going to go any deeper to his scar or his mother.

"He's the reason azula and I aren't exactly good people, azulas a child, she doesn't know any better when she was the only one left with my father when I was banished," he gulped a little and Aang nodded.

"I guess that helped, everyone says he's a bad man and I know he is but your the only person that's gone into depth, thank you," Aang smiled up at him.

"Is wanting to end the world not enough?" Zuko cocked his head to the side.

Aang laughed a little as Zuko shrugged walking away as the air bender skipped to catch up.

"This isn't a hallucination is it?" Aang asked skeptically.

"No but if you start getting them then it means your going to far without sleep," Zuko told him.

"Okay, cool, I don't need another kissing one," Aang breathed relieved.

"You had a kissing one?" He asked confused.

"Yea I thought I saw you and Katara kiss before but man was I wrong," the smaller teen elbowed him smiling as Zuko blushed darkly a little.

"You don't like Katara do you?" Aang turned to him as Zuko rolled his eyes.

"I'm just getting use to her being kind to me, trust me Aang I don't have any romantic feelings for Katara," Zuko scoffed a little but his blush didn't settle as he let Aang walk ahead.

Him and Katara? Kissing? That just doesn't seem right. His heart can't stop beating so loudly. His face was burning. Spirits, the things this kid says...