Sakuatsu: In 5 Years

"Omi-Omi!" Miya Atsumu's voice rang through their apartment.

"Please don't call me that," Sakusa replied in his usual melancholy tone.

Sakusa was sitting in front of his computer, trying to finish up an update on his research that was due that night. He looked at his watch and found that he hadn't gotten up in over three hours, so he stretched and decided he would go greet his boyfriend that just walked in.

He walked into their living room/kitchen (not a very big apartment) to see Atsumu hanging up his bag and coat.

"How was work?" Sakusa asked with a yawn.

"Ah, same as usual." Atsumu walked over to where Sakusa was standing and attempted to give him a kiss on the cheek, the latter of whom dodged his attempt swiftly.

"Hey, you know the drill. You shower before you come anywhere near me," Sakusa said, cringing.

"I'm sorry, I just missed you so much! It's been so long since I've seen you!" Atsumu wailed.

"And? You can go 15 more minutes!" Sakusa pointed towards the bathroom indignantly. Atsumu sighed, unsurprised. "I'll get dinner going, okay?"

"Thanks, you're the best babe!"

Sakusa couldn't decide whether he hated being called babe or Omi-Omi more.

Either way, he put some water on to boil with butter and started chopping up some carrots. After the water was boiling, he threw in the carrots to cook. Then he started boiling another pot of water for the pasta. After all that was cooking, he went back into their room to get his laptop. He just had to outline the next few steps in his research and then he'd be able to submit it to his professor. 

In the middle of typing a sentence, he felt warm arms wrapping around his waist.

"Whatcha working on, Omi-kun?" Atsumu said, his chin resting on Sakusa's shoulder. Sakusa leaned into Atsumu, thankful for his presence.

"Just a research update. I think I'll be moving on to field research soon," Sakusa said. He was glad of it, too, he was tired of reading through other people's research. He was looking forward to going out and gathering his own data.

"Geez, grad school sounds exhausting. I wouldn't have been able to stand it," Atsumu said. He then turned his head toward Sakusa and planted a slow kiss on his jawbone.

"I'm surprised you even lasted through 4 years of undergrad," Sakusa responded, smirking.

"Rude!" Sakusa turned around in Atsumu's arms to be met with a pouting and shirtless Atsumu.

"Were you just going to eat dinner half-dressed?" Sakusa said, unimpressed.

"Only if you wanted me to," Atsumu said, looking up at Sakusa, his head tilted and biting his lip. A smile started to creep onto Sakusa's face.

"I guess I wouldn't mind." Sakusa leaned down to kiss his boyfriend, his tongue slowly working itself into Atsumu's mouth. He could smell their lavender shampoo on his skin, his hands gliding through Atsumu's damp hair.

Suddenly, Atsumu broke their kiss and moved to instead to Sakusa's neck. After a few gentle kisses, he bit down and sucked hard, causing Sakusa to dig his nails into Atsumu's shoulder and arch his back in pain.

"Low blow," Sakusa said huskily.

"Oh come on, you know you love it." Sakusa responded by kissing Atsumu again, hungrier than before. He pushed foward until Atsumu's back was pressed up against the pantry door. His hands were moving up and down Atsumu's bare back and Atsumu's hands were in his hair. Sakusa took a moment to breath, but didn't pull away, smiling against Atsumu's lips.