Kyouhaba: Hang Out?

a quick announcement!! a while ago i said that i was gonna write a story that was a continuation of those two kagehina chapters earlier in this book (kagehina:empty parts 1 and 2) 

and then i didn't do that but i've done it now! i'm gonna publish a little info about it plus those two chapters tomorrow and then i will start updating 2-3 times a week! i would really appreciate if you guys checked it out, i've worked really hard on it and would love for you all to see it!

oh, and it's called Happier! :)

sidenote: thanks for all the support you've given this one-shot book so far, 230k is more than i ever could have imagined, thank you!

~

requested  by 

Yahaba really wanted a dog. Like, really bad. He had just gotten a new apartment, and while he loved living alone, it was too quiet, too empty. A dog would definitely fix that. 

He went to the county animal shelter, because he has, you know, morals, and wasn't going to buy a purebred for $500. 

As a child, his family always had dogs and they always got them from the shelter. Sure, they had their problems, as do all dogs, but he could just never understand why people would spend so much money on a dog that couldn't breathe or was inevitably going to develop his dysplasia. They weren't even better dogs, most were so inbred they couldn't tell their own owner from an average joe on the street. ((okay there's my rant on purebred dogs thanks for listening))

He walked in, and a handsome young man greeted him from behind the desk. 

"I would like to look at a few dogs today, please," Yahaba asked politely. 

"Great! If you could just fill out this visitor's form, please, and then I'll take you around and show you some of the dogs, and then you can choose a few you want to see." The man gave him a sheet of paper and Yahaba spotted a pitbull dozing on a bed behind the desk. 

"Well, that one gets special treatment, doesn't he?" Yahaba said good-naturedly. 

"Haha, well he is mine. I bring him to work because I feel bad leaving him at home alone all day." The man reached down to affectionately rub the dog's head. "I adopted him from this shelter, he was here for several months, nobody seemed to want a pitbull. A shame really, since he's such a big sweetheart. People always judged him before they even got to know him." His voice was twinged with sadness. Yahaba wondered how many dogs he had to see get ignored each day. Yahaba didn't think he would ever be able to work at a shelter, seeing all those animals in need and not being able to protect them all...

"Well, I'm glad he's found a good home." Yahaba offered a tentative smile, and the man smiled back. 

Yahaba filled out the form, saying he preferred a small/medium dog because he didn't think he had enough room for a large dog. 

"Alright well, I guess we can get started then." The man stood up and reached out to shake Yahaba's hand. "I'm Kyoutani, by the way."

"I'm Yahaba, nice to meet you."

"So, you're looking for a small to medium size dog. We have a good few of those," he said, leading the way to the outdoor kennels. 

"Are there any dogs that have been here especially long? Like any weird looking ones that nobody wants?" Yahaba asked earnestly, earning a laugh from Kyoutani. 

"So you want the black sheep of the pack? That's really great, we always have a few of those stragglers." Kyoutani started introducing Yahaba to several dogs who looked imploringly up at them from their cages. A few had signs telling visitors to not stick their hands through the bars. A few dogs hid in the back, covered part of the cages, only barely peaking out their heads to look at Yahaba.