Kagehina & Co: County Fair

Hinata was bouncing with excitement. Along with the entire Karasuno volleyball team, he was waiting in line to get into their local fair. It was 5pm in late July, so it was still fairly hot, but he knew it would start to cool down any minute. 

"Can you please calm down?" Kageyama said with a facade of anger. Hinata looked up at his boyfriend with a huge smile on his face. 

"Nope! I'm too excited!"

"It's just a county fair! Half these rides probably aren't even safe to ride," Kageyama said distastefully. 

"You can't forget," Tanaka popped up out of nowhere with Nishinoya right behind him, doing a drumroll on his legs, "the DEMOLITION DERBY!!!!!" Noya and Tanaka proceeded to scream for a good solid 5 seconds after this declaration, causing quite a scene. 

"Shut up, you two!" Daichi shouted from the front of the line. Suga just sighed in disappointment. 

"Of course you would be excited to see a bunch of cars crash into each other until they can't run anymore," Tsukishima remarked. 

"It's very barbaric," Yamaguchi added.

"That's the whole point!" Tanaka and Nishinoya shouted in unison. Sometimes it was creepy how in sync those two were. Then, both Ennoshita and Asahi came up behind them and slapped them each respectively on the back. 

"Please be quiet," Ennoshita advised. "We'll all already be going half deaf from the roar of the engines in there." Tanaka and Noya shut up. 

After a few minutes of waiting, they all were in with wristbands for unlimited rides. Suga and Daichi called a meeting before everyone went off in different directions. 

"Okay, Suga and I are going to get something to eat, and then save some seats in the stadium, alright? You guys can do whatever until 6:30, which is when you should come meet us so we don't have to be those people with jackets spread out 10 feet on each side of us, okay? Always stay with a buddy, and make sure to eat something at some point!" Daichi clapped, signifying the end of the meeting, and then him and Suga slipped away as Tanaka and Noya seemed to take charge. 

From there, the group splintered into three groups. Tsukishima, Yamaguchi, Kinoshita, and Narita all went one way. None of them were very interested in going on things like the drop tower and the other crazy rides, so they headed for the ferris wheel and the other more easygoing things. 

Noya and Tanaka were accompanied by Asahi and Ennoshita, both of whom agreed that Noya and Tanaka needed some kind of supervision. 

"You know, now that I think about it, it might not be the best idea to leave those two on their own either," Asahi mused, looking in the direction that Hinata had run off two, with Kageyama yelling and chasing him. 

"They'll get what's coming to them," Ennoshita said flatly. 

"Wow, harsh," Asahi said with a laugh. 

"Yeah, well, I'm going to have to deal with them all of next year, so I've decided to not care until then."

"Fair enough." The two turned to see Noya and Tanaka already heading to one of the rides that spins you around so fast you feel like your face is peeling off. 

"This is going to be a long night."

Meanwhile, Hinata was elatedly explaining his plan to Kageyama. 

"Okay, so we have to go on all the wild ones before we eat so we don't get sick, right? So that means, that one, that one, that one," and so on. 

"If you puke, I'm staying at least 10 feet away from you for the rest of the night."