18| Acceptence

"SCRAPED MY KNEES, BRUISED MY HEART IT'S WHERE YOU END,NOT WHERE YOU STARTI SEE THEM RUNNING CAUSE THEY SEE ME COMING"

"SCRAPED MY KNEES,
BRUISED MY HEART
IT'S WHERE YOU END,
NOT WHERE YOU START
I SEE THEM RUNNING
CAUSE THEY SEE ME COMING"

. . .

Ryan stood quietly in the forest breathing in the fresh air, the beautiful smell of nature making her feel calmer, and she needed all the calm she could get. Fresh snow lay on the cold ground, Winter sucked. It was Ryan's least favorite season. But the snow meant something more for La Push this year. It meant a large group of newborns were coming to kill Bella, Ryan and her family were all in danger. She was scared, like most were.

Thinking about today made her physically ill, she had been ignoring the things going on around her all month. Any time Sam wanted to have a meeting with the pack, Ryan made sure to leave the house and get as far away as possible. She refused to let Jake, Paul, Embry or Quil talk about their feelings about the whole thing, although Embry was the emotional one. He attempted to corner Ryan last night and have a heart to heart but as if. Ryan just jumped out the window mid conversation and she hasn't seen him since. She used to hate how often she would run away from her feelings but right now, it was saving her.

She couldn't think about it, and that was the honest truth. Because if she thought about it, it would end up in a crying session. And it could end up a lot worse if she wasn't careful. It could end in another panic attack or a phase, and at the moment the last one seemed a lot worse.

So here she stood, trying to find any sense of calm in a life full of craziness. The house was full of shirtless men that were currently stuffing their faces, and Ryan couldn't look them in the eye. Knowing this was possibly the last time she would see them.

"Hey Cutie.." Emmett whispered, seeing Ryan in the distance. The girl walked silently forward, never breaking eye contact with the vampire. Neither said a word as they locked hands, staring into each others eyes, their souls. It was so calming to Ryan. She finally felt at piece with her life, so long as Emmett would choose her.

"I'm sorry-" Both blurted, followed by light chuckles.

"I know you've been avoiding me, but I think we should talk before this afternoon- just in case.." Emmett whispered, his mouth turning into a frown. It made Ryan sad to see him frown like this. This was Emmett, the happiest and the most bubbly person she knew, he shouldn't be frowning.

Although, he was right. Ryan was avoiding him. She refused to go to anymore meetings with the Cullen's, she stayed home. She rarely left the house because she knew Emmett would figure out a way to find her. And she needed the space, she needed time to think. Their last encounter was emotionally draining for the girl and she was afraid it would happen again. It was so hard for her to stay away, but she had too.