5| Wasted

"We are all wandering this earth,
Alone,
Longing to be longed for."

Wasted

. . .

"I didn't realize this was a public outing-" Ryan yelled, swatting at Paul's wandering hand tugging at her waist. "We might as well text the entire town of fucking Forks while we're at it."

"Ryan." Sam warned, cautiously pushing his imprint behind his body protectively. Emily planted her feet, staying hidden tightly against Sam's naked back. "This is Bella Swan."

The pack was waiting for this, Bella was coming around more frequently. Bella and Jake were inseparable as long as the bloodsucker wasn't involved. They knew this would happen, they only hoped it would be later, once Ryan had settled back in. Sam didn't follow the typical regime that he did with the rest of the pack. He didn't want Ryan isolated and hurt because she had already been there. But putting new members under probation and lockdown until they got their phasing under control had worked. It was tough for everyone, including Sam.

Paul and Ryan were the ones to worry about, they were ticking time bombs. Their anger was a problem before the transition and now it could be the thing that killed someone. Paul was a struggle in the early days, and maybe that's why him and Sam had such a close bond. They battled Paul's demons together. He lost it more times then he controlled it but he was much farther than even weeks ago. But with Ryan in the picture, Sam was even more stressed. She was the angriest person he knew and her emotions ran deep within her. She felt things hard and took everything harder. It was only a matter of time before Ryan went off, all of her deepest and hurtful memories out and showcased to the world.

"I know who she is. I'm simply asking why she's here."

"Just leave her alone." Jacob growled, hunching himself over in a protective stance. He protected Bella in a way she had always expected him to do to her, she wanted him to protect her heart. Yet, he didn't. "She didn't do anything."

"I think you should leave." Ryan declared, turning on her heels and heading over to Seth. She took a deep breath, attempting to slow her racing heart. Every ounce of anger she had ever felt would never compare to this. This was the truest form of betrayal.

"We invited her, take a seat and we can start." Billy Black said in a soothing voice. She couldn't just calm down, it wasn't that easy. "This is a sacred place–"

"Stop talking to me like I'm a child." Ryan laughed darkly. "This is bullshit."

"Stop acting like a spoiled brat." Jacob spat, causing a tremor to echo down Ryan's spine in anger.

"Shut the hell up." Paul snarled, he didn't like how Jacob was talking to her. He was acting like she was delusional, like the threat she felt was made up. He knew Bella hurt Ryan, and maybe it wasn't the human's doing, but her choices hurt Ryan. Jacob left Ryan for her and didn't have a second thought. Sam and Billy should've thought about her feelings before inviting Bella. They could have done this any other way and yet, they chose the most painful route for the newest wolf.

"Bella was invited before you–"

"Oh, I didn't realize we share our tribal stories with everyone. Sorry about that, I must've misunderstood. And while we're apologizing– Bella, do you have anything to say?" Ryan cocked her head in the direction of Bella, waiting for the stunned human to open her mouth.