16| Jake

"THE WAY YOU LAID YOUR EYES ON MEIN WAYS THAT NO ONE EVER COULDAND SO IT SEEMS I BROKE YOUR HEART"

IN WAYS THAT NO ONE EVER COULD
AND SO IT SEEMS I BROKE YOUR HEART"

. . .

The wolves all sat in silence. The boys could hear Ryan's light sobs from the front seat. Jacob was giving her looks, making sure she was okay. But obviously she wasn't. Embry was trying to make eye contact with her, trying to understand why she was in tears.

"Ryan-" Quil whispered from the back seat, interrupting her sobs. "Are you sure that was a good idea- he's your imprint."

She regretted it.

She had been waiting her entire life for someone like Emmett to sweep her off her feet. And when things weren't going her way, she did the same God damn thing she did every time. And of course she wouldn't ever fucking learn. She should've fought for him, she should've made him choose her. But she turned her back on him and left her heart behind.

"Fuck the imprint, I promised myself after Paul and Jake- no offence or anything- but I promised myself I wouldn't do that to myself again." Ryan muttered, her voice shaking from the raw emotions. Her throat felt stiff and her body felt numb. "If he doesn't want me than I have to face that. I'm not hurting myself again."

"What happened?" Jacob asked, his eyes staying on the dark road ahead of them. The loud engine of the truck was the only sound. The ride was bumpy, the roads outside of Forks were old.

Ryan slouched back in the front seat, The other wolves choosing to let Ryan think. She couldn't answer Jacob because she wasn't entirely sure herself. She had literally just given up, she was so angry and jealous that it was easier just to push it away and end it.

"It's that stupid blonde. Since day one it's like I'm fighting for his attention with her. They're married but than we imprinted- I just thought.." The wolf whispered, tears falling down here warm cheek. Her vision became blurry and her body started to shake. She felt like a volcano was erupting under her feet. "I thought he would choose me."

The car went silent, no breathing, no music. The moment her voice cracked the three teenage boys knew, Ryan was broken. Again. She never got a break, her heart always being torn apart. It wasn't fair.

Ryan didn't expect them to say anything. They may have grown up with her and been her best friends for years, but they were still teenage boys. They didn't know shit about relationships, hell they didn't even know shit about imprints. They couldn't help her, not even if they tried.

"Stop the car." Ryan whispered, her tremors becoming stronger. "Stop it right now, I- I can't control it." Jacob slammed on the breaks, the sound echoing through the night air around them. Ryan pulled her body out quickly and ran for the tree's. Her favourite booties stop her from running as fast as she needed, she didn't make it fully into the forest before her bones started to shift.