Chapter 18: Are You Awake Now?

A few moments had passed and Kyosuke had finally calmed down and now wiping away his tears "You good?" I handed him my handkerchief "Ahh, I was crying so hard. That was so uncool of me" He said, still wiping away his tears.

   I was kind of offended by what he said "Well, you always see me crying does that mean I'm not cool?" I pouted. A giggle escaped from Kyosuke's mouth "Nah, you'll always be the coolest person I've met" He sarcastically said while he handed me back my handkerchief.

   I was putting my said handkerchief back in my bag and it completely caught me off guard when Kyosuke leaned his head on my shoulder. "Kyosuke...?" I intended my words to sound a bit louder but only a whisper managed to come out of my mouth.

   Kyosuke stayed silent, it's nothing to react about since he probably didn't hear me. Soon after leaning on my shoulder, I can feel Kyosuke's arms linger on my thighs followed by a tight hug "Why can't we just be alone together like this" Kyosuke mumbles, I didn't quite hear what he had said and thought nothing of it. My eyes started to feel heavy and I started dozing off, I shook my head "No, now is not the time for a nap" I thought.

   A few minutes had passed and I didn't notice that I had fallen asleep. I noticed that classes started to end and more and more students are coming in the library. I rubbed my eyes to shoo off the remaining sleepyness in my body and called out to Kyosuke but he didn't answer, I nudged him a little but all I got was a muttered no.

"We need to go, class already ended" I said continuously nudging Kyosuke  "F-five more minutes..." He said, hugging tighter with every nudge. I looked over to Kyosuke's face and to my surprise he had fallen asleep too; His eyes were closed, he was drooling a bit and was muttering inaudible words, I took out my phone from my pocket and took a picture but even though I wanted to cherish this cute moment I had to wake him up or else someone might see us.

   'How am I supposed to wake him up though?' I thought as I poked the side of his cheek. 'Nudging him doesn't work, calling out to him doesn't work either' I looked around to see anything that might be of use and spotted a water bottle a few inches to my right, I reached out to grab it when I saw a shadow walking towards us making me squeal.

   "Shhh, it's alright it's just me" Said the the guy. When I finally recognized that it was Ryu I didn't feel less uncomfortable. With the way Kyosuke reacted earlier I don't think it's best that Ryu is here. "So this is where you guys went" he chuckled awkwardly. "I've been looking for you" Ryu crouched down to my level and took the water bottle "Need this?" He said with a wry smile handing over the bottle, I only managed to nod and took the bottle since I couldn't bare to look at him, I still can't believe what Cecile told him.

"Sir Alex is looking for both of you, it's probably best if you explain everything to him yourselves" I can feel Ryu's eyes were glued to me without me even looking making me more and more uncomfortable by the minute.

   Ryu sighed "Look, I'm really sorry for making your friend mad. If I had known that he would be that worried I wouldn't have taken you to my place" I turned my head slightly to face Ryu, his face showed signs of worry "No, it wasn't your fault you were just cheering me up. It was my fault for lying in the first place" I can see Ryu's face lit up and a small giggle escaped from my lips "Hey Melissa, I know this isn't the time to ask you but do you want to hango--"

   I felt a sudden pull and the next thing I knew I was in Kyosuke's arms my back on his chest and his arms were wrapped around my small body "Why are you here?" he said in a quite intimidating way. Ryu backed away a bit "Look, I'm not here to cause trouble. I just wanted to say sorry to Melissa" I felt Kyosuke's arms tighten "Well, you already did didn't you, so why are you still here?" He glared at Ryu "K-Kyosuke stop it. He just wanted to say sorry okay? Now that he said sorry he's probably gonna leave. Right Ryu?" I said as a sign that he wasn't needed anymore.

   Ryu didn't utter another word, he looked at Kyosuke then at me "You should probably tell Sir Alex why you both weren't in class today" He softly said, his voice seemed to be whispering.

   Kyosuke and I watched as Ryu walked away and turned a corner, I caught a glimpse at Ryu's face and he looked... Sad... I felt bad and kind of upset for not defending him from Kyosuke, I didn't even gave him a chance to finish what he was saying before Kyosuke pulled me. I finally managed to make a friend, a real human friend and not some drawing that magically come alive. I was upset that Ryu was sad because of me, but the stars finally aligned for me to finally have Kyosuke and that's something I don't want to lose... I don't want to lose Kyosuke...

I don't want to lose anyone anymore...